MasterCard Senior Software Engineering in Test in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Engineering in Test
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Authorization team is looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test to drive best practices for functional, exploratory, and automated testing while delivering on our customer commitments. The candidate is passionate about their career, highly motivated, intellectually curious, analytical, and thrives in a fast-paced, team environment.
All staff at Mastercard are expected to demonstrate ‘Mastercard Way’ cultural values every day – own it, simplify it, sense of urgency, thoughtful risk-taking, unlock potential, and be inclusive – with a relentless focus on our customers. As a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test at Mastercard, you are expected to perform the following general duties:
• Participate in team prioritization discussions with Product/Business stakeholders
• Estimate and own delivery tasks (design, develop, test, deploy, configure, document) to meet the business requirements
• Automate build, operate, and run aspects of software
• Drive code/design/process trade-off discussions within team when required
• Perform demos/acceptance discussions in interacting with Product owners
• Mentor and guide new and less-experienced team members
• Drive adoption of technology standards and engineering principles
• Partner with Publications and customer facing test teams to identify business opportunities, solve problems, and deliver solutions for customer testing needs.
• Work with the application development and testing teams to assist with problem resolution and troubleshooting during Regression, UAT, and customer testing efforts.
• Partner with the group representative for the core releases and out of release projects by reviewing project requirements, application design documents, and announcements to understand potential impacts to the testing environments.
• Identify, suggest, and implement ways to improve the customer test case development process
• Support or lead departmental projects
All About You
The ideal candidate for this position:
• Loves being in a collaborative, team environment
• Ability to define and elaborate both functional and non-functional requirements
• Possesses skills to understand, report, and optimize delivery metrics to continuously improve upon them (e.g. velocity, throughput, lead time, burndown)
• Extensive knowledge of test cases in the Dual Message Authorization space and good working knowledge of Mastercard Publications (e.g. Testing Reference Information Center)
• Proven experience with various payment messages (ISO 8583/20022)
• Experience with any of the global industry standard payment simulator tools like Mastercard Simulators (Authorization, Debit or clearing)/T3/Member Host Emulator, Etc.
• Ability to understand and breakdown requirements from a customer testing point of view to produce customer test cases.
• CI/CD setup to support test automation
• Ability to write secure code in C, C++ and has familiarity with secure coding standards and vulnerability management
• Understand and implement standard branching (Git) and peer review practices
• Ability to debug and troubleshoot core dumps and coding errors
• Possesses skills in test-driven development to build just enough code and collaborate on the desired functionality
• Has familiarity with tools (e.g. Sonar, Checkmarx) to scan and measure code quality and anti-patterns
• Ability to develop and document test strategy following Mastercard testing standards
• Understands defect management processes to facilitate root cause analysis and learnings
• Possesses skills to orchestrate release workflows and pipelines to enhance CICD using orchestration tools (e.g. Jenkins)
• Always look for potential solutions to solve problems
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-124334