MasterCard Senior Software Engineer in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Engineer
• Quality Engineering team within MasterCard is about creating an ecosystem to build a world beyond waiting for all delivery teams to help achieve time-to-market, quality excellence, and higher customer satisfaction within all verticals including core, emerging payments, and value-added services.
• Unlike similar quality/testing roles in other organizations, Quality Engineering position at MasterCard requires firm knowledge and hands on software development and architecture skills on par with software developer to work closely with developers to build test automation, test infrastructure, and perform code analysis/review to enable development quality.
• This position will be responsible for driving best practices for exploratory and automated testing within MasterCard in working with teams to delivers applications and solutions that meet the needs of our stakeholders, including consumers, merchants, issuers and governments.
• Are you an experienced software professional who is passionate about innovative technology and its potential to help create a world beyond cash?
• Can you plan test strategy and acceptance criteria keeping end customer needs – functional, non-functional, and user experience - in mind?
• Love being hands on and can write code to break software as part of ensuring highest software quality and stability?
• Do you have a motivation to drive quality automation and self-service culture as a part of software delivery practices?
• Can you scale your communication at all levels starting from engineers to program managers to product managers?
• This position will drive Quality/Test Strategy creation, Promote standard test tools/beds, Product health, TDD/BDD practice, early automation, Software deployment & configuration quality, and device/Browser compatibility for web applications.
• Coordinate and participate in requirements review/story elaborations and testing activities to deliver high quality products and incremental value with every iteration.
• Review project test and implementation schedules. Document test plans and acceptance criteria using JIRA, Rally or such solution life cycle management tools.
• Develop test scripts and perform automated and manual exploratory testing to ensure software meets business and security requirements and established practices.
• Own responsibility for end-to-end product quality including: defect management and oversight, status reporting and metrics creation, and escalation for issues discovered during the testing phase
• Develop business and product knowledge over time and share such knowledge to mentor newer team members. This is not a management position; however, this position is expected to provide strong leadership to junior members of the staff.
All About You:
• Expertise of agile and waterfall testing methodologies and tools such as JIRA, RALLY, Rational Team Concert, Quality Center, etc.
• Experience in both Unit and Integration testing needs with exposure to data virtualization tools.
• Experience testing across a variety of platforms: web and mobile user interface, APIs (REST and SOAP), and/or data warehouse reports.
• Expertise in software development to build and use automation frameworks using technologies: Java/.NET/C++, JUnit, Selenium, JBehave, Soap UI/Pro, Spring framework, REST, JSON and XML, Eclipse IDE, Nexus, Maven, SVN/GIT, etc.
• Demonstrated experience developing high quality test strategies and test execution – specific focus on cross browser and cross device testing.
• Ability to create good acceptance and integration test automation scripts and integrate with Continuous integration (Jenkins/Bamboo) and code coverage tools (Sonar, Clover) to ensure 80% or higher code coverage.
• Exposure to Continuous integration, Delivery, and tools such as Chef/Puppet desirable.
• Exposure to performance engineering and profiling (e.g. Java JVM, Databases) and tools such as Load Runner and JMeter desirable.
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with great attention to detail, critical thinking, solid communication and proven leadership skills - with the ability to lead multiple test paths simultaneously.
In many locations, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-176861