MasterCard Senior Software Engineer in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Engineer
Over view : MDES is looking for strong, innovative Sr. Software Engineers to develop Mastercard's next generation of Digital Payment products that change how our customers choose to pay. We are looking for engineers who can bring unique perspectives and innovative ideas to all areas of development, and are interested in continuing to improve our platform through the ever changing technology landscape. In this role, you will work on multiple projects, which are critical to Mastercard’s role in the Digital Payment Space, leveraging Pivotal Cloud Foundry and microservice architecture.
An ideal candidate is someone who works well with a cohesive team-oriented group of developers, who has a passion for developing great software, who enjoys solving problems in a challenging environment, and who has the desire to take their career to the next level. If any of these opportunities excite you, we would love to talk.
· Hands-on developer who writes high quality, secure code that is modular, functional and testable.
· Create or introduce, test, and deploy new technology to optimize the service
· Perform system maintenance, production incident problem management, identification of root cause, remediation of the problems and on-call pager support schedule. Drives measurable improvements in the maintenance, operational and runtime characteristics of your team’s software.
· Select appropriate technical frameworks and solution delivery methodology.
· Adapt to the technical artifact templates per the needs of the project and technology. Contribute ideas to help ensure that required standards and processes are in place. Maintain solution and technology road maps.
· Research and evaluate current and upcoming technologies and frameworks.
· Contribute to all parts of the software’s development including design, development, documentation, and testing.
· Have strong ownership of your team’s software and are deep in the maintenance characteristics, runtime properties and dependencies including hardware, operating system, and build.
· Provides feedback on peer design and code includes optimization and simplification recommendations.
· Must have the ability to work in a team, with collaboration providing more cross-functionality with other internal/external team.
· Should have a working understanding of data centre-based and cloud infrastructure components including elements such as how software is networked to running virtual networks.
· Ensure adherence to established quality control practices and software development processes.
· Effectively communicate with team members, management, business owners, and other stake holders.
All About You
· Advanced knowledge and understanding of Software Engineering Concepts and Methodologies is required
· Strong foundation in algorithms, data structures and core computer science concepts.
· Evidence of working with object-oriented development and design patterns.
· Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages such as Java, SpringBoot framework, RDBMS – Oracle, Webservice development
· Strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – and strong relationship, collaboration skills and organizational skills
· Strong analytical and excellent problem-solving skills.
· Experience working in an Agile environment.
· Proficiency with cloud technologies (IaaS, PaaS, serverless technology, NoSQL databases), micro-service design, CI/CD, DevOps
· Expert in modern software design principles such as SOLID, DRY, and Single responsibility
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-163874