MasterCard Senior Software Engineer in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Engineer
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Consumer Authentication Solutions program/Smart Interface team is looking for a Software Engineer to drive our customer experience strategy forward by consistently innovating and problem-solving. The ideal candidate will be part of an exciting, fast paced environment developing cloud-native authentication and security solutions in the mobile and e-commerce space. This position will provide technical expertise within the development lifecycle for new products and services that are simple, secure and scalable.
• An IT professional responsible for any technological duties associated with cloud computing,
including design, developing, planning, management, maintenance and support for major new
initiatives targeting cloud-based identity authentication solutions.
• Analyze and design cloud-native authentication strategy, roadmaps and distributed solution
architectures for new and existing business opportunities.
• Deploy cloud services and further your cloud understanding and technology.
• Work closely with other Enterprise Security Solutions architects, developers, analysts, and
managers as well as business partners / product managers and other MasterCard technology,
security, infrastructure and operations organizations.
• Deliver innovative, cost effective technology solutions which align to enterprise architecture
standards, industry security standards, and achieve business requirements.
• Estimate and plan new efforts.
• Satisfy technical requirements for authentication certification programs
All About You
The ideal candidate would have the following skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.
• Professional experience of software development in distributed environments.
• Cloud/edge computing or cloud migration experience on popular platforms highly preferred.
• Experience in building applications using the Twelve-Factor App pattern highly preferred.
• Background in building or designing Web services – REST/XML/ WSDL/SOAP.
• Java EE Web Application/Web Services with JBoss.
• Professional experience of Spring, Spring Boot and Open Source technologies.
• Ability to innovate and develop new approaches to complex design problems:
• Ability to design, build, and run complex systems for public cloud deployment.
• Experience with a variety of architectural patterns including high scalable, high performance,
high availability real-time transaction processing systems, and multi-tiered web applications.
• Experience integrating vendor and open source products into an overall system.
• Experience specifying hardware/software/infrastructure requirements, and estimating complex
• Self-motivated with the ability to multi task from high-level direction.
• Professional experience using SQL and NoSQL databases.
• Streaming services, crypto technologies, latency and fault tolerance technologies.
• Tools including Git, Rally, Confluence and Jenkins.
• Secure Coding Techniques and Tools - Fortify, Sonar and OWASP vulnerabilities.
• Source Control tools – Bitbucket.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-115563