MasterCard Senior Software Engineer in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Engineer
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Consumer Authentication Solutions program is part of Identity Solutions. Our mission is to develop identity verification and fraud prevention services to protect the integrity of the digital payment channels, provide a frictionless user experience. reduce cart abandonments and increase approval rates.
This position reports to the Director of Software Engineering, Identity Solutions.
All staff at Mastercard are expected to demonstrate 'Mastercard Way' cultural values every day - own it, simplify it, sense of urgency, thoughtful risk-taking, unlock potential, and be inclusive – with a relentless focus on our customers. As a Sr Software Development Engineer at Mastercard, you are expected to perform the following general duties:
• Work with business/product owners to develop and deliver on new and enhanced services
• Drive the application design, including dependent services, service interactions, and policies
• Participate in team prioritization discussions with Product/Business stakeholders
• Estimate and own delivery tasks (design, dev, test, deployment, configuration, documentation) to meet business requirements
• Drive integration of services focusing on customer journey and experience
• Simplify and improve the cost/benefit of a function/service/architecture strategy
• Automate build, operate, and run aspects of Smart Interface
All About You
• Has skills in building applications using open frameworks to achieve reuse and reduce development times (e.g., Spring Boot, Angular, others)
• Understands internals of operating systems (Windows, Linux) to write interoperable and performant code
• Understands internals of Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) and Cloud platforms and tools
• Has skills to undertake infrastructure and deployment automation using industry-standard tooling (e.g., Chef, Puppet, SaltStack, Terraform, Ansible)
• Familiar with the adoption of standard logging frameworks and tools (e.g., log4j, Splunk) to aggregate and analyze time-series of logs
• Has skills to build monitoring and alerting focusing on key signals (resource usage, threshold breaches, rate of change) by using industry-standard tools (e.g., Splunk, Dynatrace)
• Able to perform debugging and troubleshooting to analyze core, heap, thread dumps and remove coding errors
• Understands software development productivity metrics (e.g., code churn, commit size, commits/story) and help teams to remove blockers and continuously improve code velocity, quality, and release frequency
• Understands Platform-as-a-Service to build applications that run on standardized application platforms and deploy specifications, e.g., Web and application servers, API Gateways, Database Services, and Load balancers
• Has skills to engage engineers across Technology organization to promote standard software patterns and reuse of common libraries and services
• Has skills to succinctly articulate architecture patterns of complex systems, with business and technical implications, to executive and customer stakeholders
• Leverages understanding of DevOps best practices to guide developers and abstract application development from underlying hosting platforms and infrastructure
• Has skills to evaluate practices, metrics, and roles to continually optimize SDLC methodologies and automate processes to improve lead time and quality
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-143531