MasterCard Senior Software Engineer in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Engineer
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
We are currently seeking a passionate & collaborative senior software engineer to join the Next Edge team. As a senior engineer, you will have the opportunity to influence/create solutions that impact/enable millions of global transactions each day. You will play a vital role within a growing organization, while working closely with other experienced engineers to innovate solutions for challenging problems. If you can dream it, you can build it!
About the Role:
• Work within an agile, pair-programming oriented squad to design and engineer solutions(ex. microservices, interfaces etc.) for Mastercard's core network
• Leverage skills/experience to execute & improve core build activities, such as code commitment, pull-requests, code quality, and solution resiliency
• Take part in innovation weeks and leverage Mastercard's vast self-learning resources to experiment & grow
•Use subject matter expertise to influence technical decisions and help represent team for core & adjacent initiatives
• Coach/mentor junior engineers
• Advanced development experience with Java, preferably with spring boot tech stack
• Experience delivering scalable products through CI/CD pipelines deploying on-prem or in public cloud infrastructures
• Able to apply software quality practices across the development lifecycle
• Strong analytical skills with experience debugging, providing root cause and implementing mitigation plans
• Strong communication, collaboration, and organizational skills
• Ability to work across projects, interface with external/internal resources and provide technical leadership to junior team members
Desirable skills and experience:
• Experience working in Agile teams
• Experience with virtualization like Cloud Foundry(PCF), Kubernetes (PKS), Docker etc.
• Experienced in event driven systems (Apache Kafka, NATS, etc)
• Experienced in building platforms with Microservice architecture and/or RESTful APIs.
• Experience using cloud-native approaches running on Linux, leveraging Spring Boot
BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-141846