MasterCard Senior Software Development Engineer in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Development Engineer
Who is Mastercard?
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere, by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships, and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation, and delivers better business results.
Providing Innovative, Secure, and Reliable Switching Solutions is the lifeblood of Mastercard Core Products, we are currently seeking a passionate, collaborative, and experienced software engineer to join the Payment Networks Team.
Are you an innovator who embraces, adopts, and studies the latest technology to solve challenging business problems?
Are you passionate about software development?
If this describes you, Mastercard wants to talk to you about the creation of our new agile development team that will support Network Access solutions within the Payment Networks organization.
• Develop application logic for a multi-component system of applications.
• Significant code development, code review and day-to-day support duties.
• Ensure product deliverable is highly performant, responsive and of high quality.
• Deliver completed code on time and with minimal to no defects or failures.
Ensure all new logic maintains current unit test coverage standards or higher.
• Help maintain code quality and enable automation.
• Support testing resources as needed to remediate defects, answer questions, and assist with automation tasks.
• Contribute to the development of applications, components, system to system interfaces, and complete software solutions.
• Actively participate in the agile ceremonies including Daily Scrum, Story Grooming, Sprint Planning, and Retrospectives
• Participate in team prioritization discussions with Product/Business stakeholders
• Estimate and own delivery tasks (design, dev, test, deployment, configuration, documentation) to meet the business requirements
• Automate build, operate, and run aspects of software
• Drive integration of services focusing on customer journey and experience
• Perform demos/acceptance discussions in interacting with Product owners
• Drive adoption of technology standards and opinionated frameworks, and review coding, test, and automation work of team members
• Core Java (Intermediate)
• Spring Boot and Spring libraries (security/actuator / cloud streams etc) (intermediate)
• Kafka (beginner to intermediate)
• Apply cloud development practices
• Apply quality and best practices
• Experienced in building platforms with Microservice architecture and RESTful APIs.
• Experience in CI/CD pipeline creation via Jenkins
• Kafka (beginner to intermediate)
• Hibernate (beginner to intermediate)
• Go, Rust
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-169487