MasterCard Senior Software Development Engineer in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Development Engineer
This role is part of the Software Development Group within the Mastercard Payment Gateway Services and collaborates with internal customers and colleagues across the globe.
As a Senor Software Engineer in the global Continuing Engineering team you will be responsible for Level 3 production support across a number of business critical Mastercard payment gateways.
· Are you an experienced Java developer who is passionate about managing the end-to-end resolution of customer issues?
· Are you someone who enjoys working with other Software and DevOps professionals to solve difficult technical problems in a supportive culture?
· Are you able to pick up domain knowledge and software technologies quickly and efficiently?
· Maintain and develop a payment gateway product deployed globally.
· Provide 3rd level support to maintain business critical functions for our customers.
· Collaborate with team members and internal stakeholders to ensure requirements meet customer needs and product guidelines.
· Collaborate with DevOps and 2nd level support team members to ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner.
· Perform code development, code review and day-to-day support duties.
· Be responsible for the support and maintenance of software solutions.
· Support daily operations with a focus on triage and root cause analysis by understanding the business implications of our products.
All About You
· Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience.
· Demonstrated experience in supporting and maintaining large, distributed and mission-critical systems in a product development environment is essential.
· Experience developing or supporting large scale Java services and/or web user interfaces is essential.
· Strong Java and Spring experience is essential.
· Experience in application development lifecycles and how applications integrate with operations
· Ability to work autonomously and within a team environment.
· Knowledge of security concerns such as OWASP Top 10 and PCI DSS is highly advantageous.
· Actively involved in your own professional development and skills growth.
You are inquisitive by nature and enjoy working with other developers to solve difficult technical problems!
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-144671