MasterCard Senior Software Development Engineer in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Development Engineer
Customer Access is a dedicated collection of self-organizing, high performing, interdependent, co-located individuals representing different functional roles with all the necessary skills to create the foundational capabilities that application teams develop on top of it.
This team leads with mission to provide overall stewardship of enterprise grade application architecture & design within the context of holistic software development. This includes driving the architecture & design decisions and building consensus around it. The team leads the exploration in software architecture & technology innovations along with enabling excellence in overall team.
• Provide guidance to teams on development standards, automation and tools.
• Identify performance bottlenecks and come up with novel ways to solve them.
• Work on Pre SDLC or Discovery activities owning and contributing to assigned activities related to technical feasibility & assessment, providing responses.
• Work to define feature requirements and deliver the product that materially impacts the business and improves the consumer experience.
• BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
• Proficiency in Software Development Best Practices (TDD/BDD, Unit test, Continuous Delivery)
• Very good analytical and problem solving skills.
• Desire to stay abreast of new development technologies and tools.
• Very good inter-personal skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment.
• Strong communication skills, with an ability to express design ideas to a development team.
Nice to have
• Working experience in a continuous integration development environment, preferably Jenkins.
• Good understanding of private or public cloud eco systems.
• Experience in secure software development.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-151677