MasterCard Senior Software Development Engineer in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Development Engineer
• Purpose of this team is to provide Enterprise Managed File Transfer services for securely exchanging data between MasterCard and its business partners.
• Utilize vendor products and custom built solutions to enable business opportunities in a global marketplace.
• Have you ever worked with or wanted to work with File Transfer Protocols?
• Have you ever built or wanted to build Managed File Transfer Systems?
• Have you have ever supported critical infrastructure for a global company?
• Do you want to be a part of a collaborative environment?
• Participate in defining system requirements, producing designs and building application systems based on business requirements.
• Provide second level technical support for production systems on a rotational basis.
• Design, implement and review complex applications, integrations across multiple systems
• Troubleshoot problems in production systems and devise long term strategy to eliminate failure points
All About You
• Experience in Java JEE technologies as well as database integration.
• Competent with object oriented design and development techniques (design patterns, UML).
• Comfortable with UNIX/Linux command line interface. Mainframe skills a plus.
• Excellent communication and documentation skills.
• Experience in Enterprise Application Framework and Tools – Spring, Hibernate, Apache Commons.
• Familiar with cloud native architectures. Exposure to Pivotal Cloud Foundry is plus
• Recent experience using X509 certificates, SSH keys and PGP encryption. Knowledge of JCA/JCE is a plus.
• Competent using Eclipse IDE and familiar with Maven, Bamboo and JIRA.
• Experience in working with stakeholders across geographies.
• Familiarity with file transfer protocols and common tools will be a plus
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-139680