MasterCard Senior Software Development Engineer in Test in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
Job Title: Senior Quality Assurance Analyst
• We are looking for talented Senior Test Engineer/QA Analyst for the Continuous Engineering (CE) team within the Mastercard Payment Gateway Services division.
• Experience in working with Java software for distributed, highly available systems, where system performance is critical.
• Reporting through the Lead QA Assurance Analyst you will work within a medium size team responsible for the ongoing operations of the system.
• The team needs people who have great problem solving and troubleshooting skills. People who can think out-of-the-box addressing problems from different angles. Resourcefulness is key.
• Do you have payments/ecommerce industry experience and looking to try something new in 2021?
• Are you motivated to be a part of driving a world beyond cash?
• Have you mentored professionals of diverse skills and experience?
In this role you will:
• Develop and execute automated tests for APIs and GUIs in addition to executing manual exploratory tests.
• Demonstrate an understanding and lead by example in automated testing of complex applications where security, reliability and performance matter.
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders including product managers, business analysts, developers, customer technical support and Business Operations situated in different regions around the globe.
• Provide technical expertise for payment applications, which include secure, mission critical transaction processing systems.
• Lead day to day maintenance activities of the team to meet service level agreements (SLAs) and provide solutions with high level of innovation, cost effectiveness, high quality and faster time to market.
• Troubleshoot customer and internal reported issues proposing solutions which meet Mastercard’s requirements for quality.
• Actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency.
• Ensure adequate test coverage in Unit Testing, System Testing/Integration Testing and Performance Testing.
• Perform Quality Inspections and Walkthroughs throughout the SDLC to ensure compliance with MasterCard standards
• Develop a deep understanding of the industry and how it operates.
• Mentor and guide others inside and outside the team.
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience.
• Experience in delivering solutions in the Payments/eCommerce industry is preferred.
• Broad understanding of Software Testing Concepts and Methodologies is required.
• Experience with Test and Defect/Requirements Management tools.
• Must be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and have the ability to function under pressure in an independent environment.
• Keen to work in a challenging environment where quick learning and resourcefulness are key.
• Possesses strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – and strong relationship, collaborative skills and organizational skills.
• Willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities and to work as a member of matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-138628