MasterCard Senior Software Development Engineer for Open Banking, Smart Routing in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Development Engineer for Open Banking, Smart Routing
Open Banking is a worldwide phenomenon, gathering pace over the recent years and set to transform many aspects of retail financial services (as well as many adjacent industries). There are a number of markets already live with various forms of open banking offerings (e.g. EEA markets thanks to PSD2, or US owing to long-standing market driven initiatives). In most other markets, open banking is at earlier stages of development, yet already seeing plenty of attention from established players as well as new entrants.
Mastercard has built an initial suite of Open Banking Solutions and are now in the process of bringing them to market, commercializing and enhancing them. See www.mastercard.com/openbanking.
Over the last few years we have established a large, cross-functional team that is focusing on product design and delivery. As we expand the platform’s capabilities into new markets, opportunities to offer new payment flows are being explored and offered.
About the Role
• Analyze, design, develop and deliver software solutions
• Define requirements for new applications and customizations, adhering to best practice standards and processes
• Manage medium-sized project/initiatives as an individual contributor with advanced knowledge within discipline, leading a segment of several initiatives or a larger initiative, and/or supervise a small team, assigning day-to-day work
• Design and develop applications, system-to-system interfaces, and complete software solutions
• Perform vendor-related activities, and create documentation such as user guides and software development guides
• Assist in vendor assessment and evaluate and recommend software development tools
• Oversee and provide technical support to junior team members
• Significant advanced code development, code review as well as some day-to-day support duties
• Department-wide public speaking and other communications conveying application level directions
All About You
• Strong background in advanced code development and code review
• Experience anticipating bottlenecks and knowledge of how to factor in contingencies for unplanned delays
• AWS, Azure, Pivotal Cloud Foundry
• Web Services / REST / JSON
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-120878