MasterCard Senior Reliability Engineer in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Reliability Engineer
The Enterprise Monitoring team offers robust event management, correlation, automation and runbook solutions to help MasterCard deliver continuous uptime of business services and applications and, optimize operations costs and efficiency.
• This individual will work closely with technology support teams and application teams to build monitoring and automation solutions to improve the application and infrastructure availability.
• Key questions for viable candidates: 1. Have you resolved a complex application availability issue with monitoring and automation? 2. Are you a self-started with minimal direction and guidance? 3. Have you ever been part of a team with diverse skills and experience located in different geographical locations/time zones?
• Represent Enterprise Monitoring team in project meetings and provide advice, status, training and technical support
• Work with our customers to understand the monitoring and automation requirements and implement solution using available tool sets and scripting languages
• Administer, support and maintain enterprise Monitoring tools in a multi-tier environment
• Build Automation solutions using available tool sets and scripting languages.
• Maintain design and support documents for all built solutions and processes
• Troubleshoots networking, Unix/Linux systems, and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational problems utilizing associated Linux and UNIX command line and management tools.
• On-call administration and tools support.
• As new technologies emerge and impact our environment, learn these technologies very quickly and resolve any problems involved in integrating new technologies.
• Maintains a broad knowledge of state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
• Self-Driven and flexible willing to learn in adjacent areas with the initiative to learn more.
• Thorough, adhering to critical processes even under stress
• Support business disaster recovery procedures for assigned areas of responsibility.
• Accurately document duties and procedures to aid the department in cross-training and absentee coverage
• Work with technical engineering teams to manage and improve processes
• Ability to solve problems quickly and completely.
• Ability to identify tasks that should be automated and then develop and implement automation
All About You
• Advanced user level expertise in UNIX and/or Red Hat Linux
• Networking experience from basics to advanced, along with security knowledge.
• Proficient with scripting or programming languages such as SQL, Perl and shell scripting
• Experience with enterprise systems management/monitoring tools such as IBM Tivoli products, Microsoft System Center Operations Manager, Zabbix, Nagios, etc. is highly desirable.
• Experience developing web applications on a Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP stack is a strong plus.
• Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously under pressure without direct supervision
• Ability to manage multiple activities and work with a strong sense of urgency
• Ability and motivation to learn new technologies quickly and with minimal support and guidance.
• Evening, weekend and shift on-call required to meet deadlines and correct system failures or for patch upgrades.
• Strong people skills and the ability to understand business needs and translate them into technical solutions
• Excellent verbal and written skills, organization, project prioritization, and time management skills.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-146881