MasterCard Senior Release Engineer in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Release Engineer
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Cyber Security team is looking for a Program Manager/Release Manager to drive our customer experience strategy forward by consistently innovating and problem-solving.
The ideal candidate is passionate about the customer experience journey, highly motivated, intellectually curious, analytical, and possesses an entrepreneurial mindset.
• Responsible for planning, monitoring, executing and implementing the programs release strategy
• Assist in developing long-range plans and strategies to achieve business growth
• Provide technical and advisory support for staff to ensure the implementation of applications/infrastructure
• Ensure a successful delivery, which will include: Planning release lifecycle, Version control management, Build and Development control management, Change management, Risk Management
• Provide leadership and oversight on various projects of a complex nature
• Responsible for planning, developing, and executing schedules to ensure timely completion of project deadlines and milestones
• Responsible for overall relationship and deliverables across all projects
• Assists in leading complex initiatives of strategic importance (e.g. cross functional/cross geographies)""""
All About You
• Excellent understanding of software delivery lifecycle
• Understanding of CI/CD pipelines
• Understanding of Agile - Scrum
• Experience with tools like Jenkins, BitBucket, sonar dashboards, MS Office (excel & MPP), ticket management system (rally or Jira)
• Good analytical & communication skills
• Basic knowledge on coding principles, database , SQLs etc.
• Considerate, polite, fun-loving, collaborative
• Must be high-energy, detail-oriented and pro-active, with the ability to function under pressure in an independent environment.
• Possess strong communication skills - both verbal and written – and collaborative skills and organizational skills
• Excellent time management skills
• Willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities
• Deep knowledge of software development processes including Agile processes and continuous delivery
• Ability to serve as mentor to other team members
• Experience with tools like Jenkins, Bit Bucket, Sonar, Ticketing Systems
• Have excellent experience of working with the Business Operations functions
• Have experience working on global projects and programs across multiple geographies and functions
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-137628