MasterCard Senior Quality Engineer in O'Fallon, Missouri
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Senior Quality Engineer
Job Description Summary
Have you ever wanted to be a part of something BIG? Now is the time to make an immediate impact for a Leading Global Technology Company, MasterCard. The Quality Engineer role will contribute to the design, development, testing, documentation and maintenance of big data reporting and analytic solutions using Qlik Sense and Hadoop. You will also work with teams across the company to implement new automation techniques while maintaining the stability of the platform. In addition, you’ll work within the Fraud Data Engineering team to grow their knowledge and expertise. You will get the chance to work with extremely large data sets and be on the cutting edge of transforming the way Mastercard captures, processes, stores and visualizes transactional data.
• Work with Product Owners, Business Users and Stakeholders to gather business and technical requirements for developing ETL jobs, Qlik Sense Reports and Dashboards.
• Create ETL Design Document which contains ETL Flowchart, Change Data Capture Logic, handling of multiple data sources, and Auditing and Logging.
• Perform Unit and Integration testing with framework called EMS-Inna-Box, code review and push the code into GitHub repository for source control.
• Write integration and end to end automated tests.
• Create Detailed Implementation Plan and work with various support groups to deploy the job across Stage and Production environments.
• Participate in brainstorming sessions with Data Architect, Tech Lead and fellow developers for designing a Qlik Sense Data Model based on Business Requirements.
• Perform detailed analysis of various data sources such as Oracle, Netezza, MSBI Cube and Hadoop cluster data from which fields are being extracted for building the dashboard.
• Write SQL, PL-SQL. MDX and Hive Queries for extracting data.
• Participate in various in-person and online cross functional knowledge sharing sessions.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
• Proficient experience in building test automation.
• Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins and Maven is strongly preferred.
• Experience with Selenium or web testing automation is a plus.
• Experience with very large transactional data stores.
• Experience with Qlik Sense (Business Intelligence Tool).
• Understanding of high-performant data concepts such as file stores, wide column databases, key-value pairs, etc.
• experience using; Python, Scala, HiveQL, SparkSQL, etc.
• Excellent oral and written communication.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Highly analytical with the ability to work independently.
• Understanding of Agile/Scrum methodologies
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-106988