MasterCard Senior Product Owner/Business Analyst in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Product Owner/Business Analyst
The Mastercard Payment Gateway Service Solutions Architecture and Engineering team is looking for a new Senior Product Manager-Technical (PM-T) to drive the delivery of payment gateway solutions in a fast-paced Scaled Agile environment. The ideal candidate is passionate about both understanding the customer & the business, and working with technology teams to deliver aligned business solutions.
• Act as the Product Manager - Technical for your Agile development team, working closely with internal Product Managers to understand high level business needs & business requirements, and representing these back to your Agile team. * Please note this is not a client-facing role.
• Using the Working Backwards method, decomposes business requirements and customer experiences into features and functions that drive the platform/product roadmap.
• Drive the technical business and systems analysis based on product requirements to detailed solution development.
• Collaborate with your Agile development team(s) and system architects to understand the impact on gateway systems and agree the optimal functional solution for new product features.
• Take an active role in the SAFe PI Planning process, preparing features for the planning event and working through these features with your team to plan their delivery.
• Through team backlog grooming sessions and individual elaboration activity, define user stories that capture the functional requirements identified to meet the agreed solution.
• Take responsibility for the prioritisation of the team backlog and for accepting user stories on build completion.
• Produce internal & external-facing supporting documentation using standard templates and natural language.
All about you
The ideal candidate for this position should:
• Demonstrate the ability to complete technical systems analysis and solutioning.
• Solid business analysis skills and knowledge are essential, i.e. the ability to take high level requirements and drill these down into detailed functional requirements under your own initiative
• Demonstrate the ability to collaboratively design solutions that both enhance the product offering, and work within the design principles.
• Comfortable working at a detailed level with interface specifications & doing related data mappings to and from APIs.
• Ability to work collaboratively with development and business stakeholders within an Agile team.
• Able to communicate effectively with both business & technical audiences.
• Payments experience is a plus but not essential.
• Empowerment and accountability, demonstrating independent thinking and a collaboration mindset
• Committed to deliver on time and to quality.
• Willingness to learn and get stuck in.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-148142