MasterCard Senior Product Manager – Technical in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Product Manager – Technical
Providing Innovative, Secure, and Reliable Switching Solutions is the lifeblood of Mastercard Transaction Switching. We are currently seeking a passionate, collaborative, and experienced Senior Product Manager Technical to join the Switching Solutions Team.
Are you a collaborator capable of communicating effectively with Business and IT stakeholders across all organizational levels?
Are you an innovator who embraces, adopts, and studies the latest technology to solve challenging business problems?
Are you a leader who inspires the team to think “out of the box” and effectively communicates across all levels of the organization?
If this describes you, Mastercard wants to talk to you about joining our Squad.
• Responsible for developing inspiring platform/product visions, derived from business needs, market opportunities, and technology trends
• Using the Working Backwards method, decomposes business requirements and customer experiences into features and functions that drive the platform/product roadmap
• Works with Technical Program Managers, Developers, UX designers, and internal customers to define the details behind the business requirements
• Collects and shares user stories with engineering teams
• Acts as the voice of the business customer and accountable for the platform services
• Owns the working backwards document and vision for one or more features
• Elicits and decomposes business requirements into platform requirements and user stories
• Coordinates internal forums to collect and identify feature-level development opportunities
• Contributes near-term input (quarterly) for the platform product portfolio and roadmap, prioritizing the backlog while defining the acceptance criteria for user stories
• Recommends trade-off decisions on platform product features/depth of features/backlog items
• Uses runtime metrics of their services in market as a feedback loop in to the backlog and balances the priorities against new feature requests
• Owns and manages product documentation ensuring features and associated documentation are clear and easily consumable by other engineering teams
• Enables self-service support and/or works to reduce overhead
• Makes use of research, user studies, metrics and competitive analysis to understand the platform and business needs for a platform product and inform the backlog
• May participate with the business in customer research to inform platform product feature needs
• Coordinates with interdependent teams on platform product requirements
• Keeps close to the design of the user experience
• Continuously monitors feature development at the feature level adjusting throughout implementation as needed
• Reviews product demo against acceptance criteria for the feature set
• Prepares launches and monitors platform performances, adoption, and operational health for feature sets
• Supports and participates in post-launch reviews and ensures feedback is reincorporated into the feature
• Stays aligned with GTM plans for the feature set
• Identifies issues that will keep the platform features from delivering on time and/or with the desired requirements and works with internal teams and customer service to identify, classify, and prioritize feature-level customer issues
• Mentors team members
• Assists with candidate selection and onboarding
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-142449