MasterCard Senior Oracle Database Engineer in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Oracle Database Engineer
• Provide world-class support and expertise to MasterCard’s Oracle database environments.
• MasterCard’s Database Engineers build highly available, scalable and efficient Oracle database solutions following standards and security policies.
• Represent MasterCard’s Data Architecture team as a subject matter expert in the Oracle domains.
• Continually look for opportunities to create efficiencies and provide expertise to integrate technologies and platforms into current environments within the Oracle sub domains.
• Contribute to technology roadmaps to support MasterCard’s vision for all Oracle technologies.
• What technologies do you have hands-on experience with, and what degree is that experience?
• In your current role, what new database technologies have you integrated into your current environment and how?
• What experience do you have with data migration and integration from multiple systems?
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
• Forward thinking infrastructure automation and scripting skills.
• Manage clients’ expectations and communicates proactively.
• Displays excellent collaborative skills to facilitate cross-functional teams.
• Ability to work with team members located in multiple geographies and time zones.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision seeking direction as required.
• The DBA will be responsible for deploying and maintaining Oracle database clusters that will enable and enhance software products and systems used every day by large platforms, applications and groups of users.
• Creation and implementation of fully functional database clusters, ability to maintain multiple development, QA and production environments with experience in performance tuning.
• Review existing configurations and installations and provide design decisions for improvements to platform environments.
• Assist in planning and performing Oracle database upgrades and migrations.
• Responsible for providing day-to-day administration support and maintenance for existing and new Oracle databases.
• Perform production level support and be part of the on-call rotation when required.
• Work with Oracle vendor and its respected support channels when required.
• This position will be responsible for supporting new and existing Oracle database systems, both internally and future Cloud managed instances and will contribute in defining best practices in database administration, and introduce innovation with automation.
• Work with multiple application teams and developers.
• Contribute in defining best practices and application database solutions.
• Assist in implementing long-term strategic goals for database development in conjunction with end users, managers, clients, and other stakeholders.
• Implement HA solutions and define backup/recovery strategies.
• Identify inefficiencies in current databases and implement improved solutions.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information systems or equivalent experience.
• Experience in the design, maintenance, and administration of Oracle
• Excellent troubleshooting skills.
• Perform debugging, tuning and performance enhancement as well as automation of operational and continuous integration aspect of the Oracle platforms.
• Experience in clustering and replication techniques - RAC, Data Guard and Golden Gate
• Experience is performance tuning
• Proficient with the Linux operating system, specifically Oracle Linux Enterprise.
• Working knowledge of Data Modelling.
• Working knowledge of scripting languages, Bash, ksh, perl etc.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-138360