MasterCard Senior Linux Systems Administrator, Platform Support in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Linux Systems Administrator, Platform Support
The Operations Network Engineering team is looking for a Linux Systems Administrator, Platform Support to provide support of technical hardware and software expertise in support of MasterCard Linux Operating systems and platforms. This is a senior level IT support position, with the expectation that the candidate has the basic Linux skills and is also willing to learn fast. Assist senior Linux administrators & Consultants with day-to-day IT support functions and maintenance activities.
• Support and maintain operating system(s), such as Oracle Enterprise Linux along with KVM virtualization to service customers.
• Experience with configuration management and infrastructure-as-code, using technologies such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt, CloudFormation and/or Terraform
• Keep informed of the latest developments in computer software and hardware technology and continue learn new technologies and offerings from vendors and solution partners.
• Strong problem-solving and communication skills, and independent drive to create written documentation, requirements, and technical diagrams
• Complete status reports, implementations, troubleshooting of systems
• Use configuration management and infrastructure automation for repeatable tasks
• Design and implementation of OS build processes and automation providing the right level of control and validation
• Assist users with Operating Systems or hardware problems.
• Adhere to strict Change control Management
• Support or lead minor departmental projects.
All About You:
• Bachelor’s or relevant associate degree with emphasis on information technologies or the equivalent job-related experience.
Knowledge / Experience:
• Experience in systems administration
• Knowledge of operating systems, infrastructure software, communications, computer hardware and peripherals.
• Good knowledge and understanding of computer technology, incident management and problem resolution procedures is preferred.
• An understanding of project management principles is preferred.
• Professionalism skills and good work ethics are required.
• Customer support and good communications skills are preferred.
• Ability to follow documented processes and procedures
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-138357