MasterCard Senior Front-end Engineer (Payment Gateway) in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Front-end Engineer (Payment Gateway)
Mastercard Payment Gateway Services provides partners with a white label technology solution for payment processing and fraud prevention. Through our platform, we enable merchants to accept a wide range of digital payment methods easily and securely from customers all over the world.
We seek a strong frontend Senior Software Engineer to help us build the future of payments.
All staff at Mastercard are expected to demonstrate ‘Mastercard Way’ cultural values every day - own it, simplify it, sense of urgency, thoughtful risk taking, unlock potential, and be inclusive – with a relentless focus on our customers.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Mastercard, you are expected to perform the following general duties:
• Research, evaluate, recommend, and integrate the latest front-end technologies, standards, and best practices into our products
• Partner with UI/UX designers and product experts to build and enhance Web applications with a focus on providing an exceptional customer experience
• Optimize delivery of our digital assets to ensure great performance across devices and form factors.
• Estimate and own delivery tasks (design, dev, test, deployment, configuration, documentation) to meet the business requirements
• Work as part of a cohesive and high performing team
• Drive code/design/process trade-off discussions within your team when required
• Perform demos/acceptance discussions in interacting with product owners
• Mentor and guide new and less-experienced team members
• Has a passion for building and a fire for learning
• Familiarity with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
• Ability to write high quality code
• Extensive experience using a modern framework (e.g., React, Angular, Vue) to build single page applications
• A professional team player that knows when to be serious and when to have fun
• Highly motivated and able to persevere through challenges
• Experience contributing to open-source projects
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-133992