MasterCard Senior Engineer, Software Engineering in Test in O'Fallon, Missouri
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Senior Engineer, Software Engineering in Test
The Quality Assurance & Testing Team is a dedicated group of resources that provide release test planning and release test execution services for Emerging Payments applications (MasterPass).
• Lead complex initiatives and projects by utilizing experience gained testing web services, APIs, and front-end applications.
• Provides information about budget, timeline, and participation for large, enterprise projects, and communicates regularly with upper level management to assess the status of the quality assurance/quality control environment.
• Are you motivated to be a part of driving a world beyond cash?
• Do you want to be a part of a collaborative environment?
• Are you motivated to stay on cutting edge of technology?
• Coordinate and participate in the review and testing activities to ensure the quality and functionality of assigned MasterCard developed systems.
• Assist project team in identifying and monitoring project testing risks and issues.
• Perform automated and manual testing and validate results to confirm adherence and conformance to installation standards and methodologies.
• Ensure timely and accurate communication with Development Leads, Project Manager and Senior Management throughout the life cycle of the project.
• Adhere to and enforce consistent company and department testing standards and procedures.
• Ability to coordinate and interact across multiple departments.
• Review project test and implementation schedules. Monitor, document, and report the current status of projects. Participate in review of project deliverables.
• Actively participate in all aspects of the Agile process to include story pointing, attending elaboration sessions and creating acceptance criteria.
• Manage defect resolution process and support outside testing environments such as TCOE.
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written; able to communicate with technical people as well as management and business.
• Has a broad understanding of Agile Software Engineering Concepts, Testing and Methodologies is required.
• Ability to be flexible, accountable, reliable, and industrious.
• Strong knowledge and prior experience testing web services/APIs.
• Prior experience utilizing SoapUI Pro or similar tool for web service testing.
• Establish a strong presence as a change agent providing innovative, effective, and efficient Quality Assurance practices and solutions.
• Ability to manage multiple priority efforts in parallel and ensure Quality Assurance standards are followed.
• High-energy, detail-oriented and proactive with the ability to function under pressure in an independent environment.
• Experience with structured methodology such as Agile, Waterfall and project planning tools.
• Knowledge of automation tools such as QTP, Selenium, and JBehave is a plus.
• General knowledge of UNIX commands, SQL and Toad.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-71102