MasterCard Senior Engineer, Biz Ops in O'Fallon, Missouri
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Senior Engineer, Biz Ops
• The role of Corporate Security Operations is to be the production readiness steward for the Crypto Services platform (CaaS, ECMS, HSMs), by managing, mitigating, or elevating awareness of the business risk of all customer interactions with Mastercard’s technology platforms
• We accomplish this by linking every technology recommendation with a business value, continuously monitoring platform health indicators, and elevating awareness when one of our main objectives is at risk
• Support daily operations with a distinct focus on triage, impact mitigation and root cause identification through a depth of knowledge for corresponding products.
• Proactively manage production and change activities to maximize customer experience, and increase the overall value of supported applications
• Centralizing points of interaction for both internal and external partners by communicating effectively with all key stakeholders
• Align Product and Customer Focused priorities with Operational needs
• Contribute to efforts for Protect and Enable teams responsible for implementing DevOps practices, production readiness, and compliance for MasterCard Core applications
• Contribute on Corporate Security Operations efforts (speed to resolution, bridging the gap between business partners, developers, SLA management, and key support teams. Lead activities for Continuous Delivery / Continuous Improvement, automate existing technical processes, enhanced monitoring, and identify efficiencies for Crypto Service applications.
• Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
• Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
• Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
• Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
• Manage, implement, enhance, and enforce consistent company and department Security Ops practices
• Apply technical and business knowledge to effectively support Crypto Service applications
• Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
All About You
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience.
• Background in Dev Ops practices a distinct advantage
• Background in automation a distinct advantage
• Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design.
• Experience in one or more of the following: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, Perl or Ruby
• High energy and ability to influence others
• Experience in overseeing multiple projects / initiatives concurrently
• Strong understanding of all phases of a Software Development Life Cycle
• Deliver time-saving process improvements that will be repeatable, maintainable, valuable, and fit into MasterCard’s Business Operations vision.
• Exceptional communication skills required
• Advanced presentation skills
• Strong project management skills and success in managing large-scale cross-functional teams
• Self-motivated and highly collaborative
• Comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
• Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
• Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
• Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-101707