MasterCard Senior DevOps Engineer – Jenkins in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior DevOps Engineer – Jenkins
The Automation Frameworks team in Mastercard’s Architecture & Technology division is leading the DevOps transformation at Mastercard by developing automation tooling and driving standards throughout the development, quality, release, and product organizations.
Our team members have an appetite for change and pushing the boundaries of what can be done with automation. We are responsible for automation standards with Mastercard, maintaining industry standard tools such as Chef, Jenkins, and Ansible, and working closely with other departments supporting BitBucket (git), Sonar, Artifactory, Terraform, and more.
We demonstrate 'Mastercard values every day - own it, simplify it, sense of urgency, thoughtful risk-taking, unlock potential, and be inclusive – with a relentless focus on our customers. As a Senior Engineer at Mastercard, you are expected to carry out the following general duties:
-- Estimate and own delivery tasks (design, dev, test, deployment, configuration, documentation) to meet the business requirements
-- Drive adoption of technology standards and opinionated frameworks, and review coding, test, and automation work of team members
-- Automate build and deploy aspects of software
-- Report status and manage risks within their primary application/service
-- Identify opportunities to improve an overall process and trim waste
The Automation Frameworks team is looking for a DevOps Engineer who can help us solve problems, build our CI/CD pipelines and lead Mastercard in DevOps automation and best practices.
-- Are you a born problem solver who loves to figure out how something works?
-- Are you a CI/CD geek who loves all things automation?
-- Do you have a low tolerance for manual work and look to automate everything you can?
Mastercard is seeking an engineer with experience in industry standard CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Chef, Maven, Git/BitBucket, and Artifactory. Experience designing and implementing an effective and efficient CI/CD flow that gets code from dev to prod with high quality and minimal manual effort is required. **Experience in administering Cloudbees or opensource Jenkins is preferred.
• Bachelor or master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Experience administrating Jenkins platforms and/or strong knowledge of writing Jenkins pipelines.
• Experience in one or more of the following is preferred: Java, Python, Go, Groovy, Perl or Ruby.
• Design, implement, and enhance our deployment automation based on Chef (Infra, Habitat).
• Use Jenkins to orchestrate builds as well as link to Sonar, Chef, Maven, Artifactory, etc. to build out the CI/CD pipeline.
• Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation, and refinement.
• Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
• Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
• Take a holistic approach to problem solving, by connecting the dots during a production event thru the various technology stack that makes up the platform, to optimize mean time to recover
• Work with a global team spread across tech hubs in multiple geographies and time zones
• We support many different stakeholders. Experience in dealing with difficult situations and making decisions with a sense of urgency is needed.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-136755