MasterCard Senior Database Engineer - Oracle in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Database Engineer - Oracle
Senior Database Administrator - Oracle
The Mastercard Database team provides world-class support and expertise to all of Mastercard’s Oracle database environments with a goal to deliver secure, scalable, performant, resilient infrastructure and software for global solutions. The Oracle DBA would provide support of the various environments from development to production for their related applications and be responsible for all aspects of administration.
The ideal candidate is passionate about the Oracle technologies and the customer experience journey, highly motivated, intellectually curious, analytical, and possesses an entrepreneurial mindset.
• Be responsible for deploying and maintaining Oracle databases that will enable and enhance software products and systems used every day by large platforms, applications and groups of users.
• Review existing configurations and installations and provide design decisions for improvements to platform environments.
• Assist in planning and performing Oracle database upgrades and migrations.
• Responsible for providing day-to-day administration support and maintenance for existing and new Oracle databases.
• Perform production level support and be part of support rotation when required.
• Work with multiple application teams and developers.
• Assist in implementing long-term strategic goals for database development in conjunction with end users, managers, clients, and other stakeholders.
• Implement HA solutions and define backup/recovery strategies.
• Perform debugging, tuning and performance enhancement as well as automation of operational and continuous integration aspect of the Oracle platform.
• Identify inefficiencies in current databases and implement improved solutions.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information systems or equivalent experience.
• Requires related experience in the design, maintenance, and administration of Oracle databases.
• Forward thinking infrastructure automation and scripting skills.
• Manage clients’ expectations and communicates proactively.
• Displays excellent collaborative skills to facilitate cross-functional teams.
• Ability to work with team members located in multiple geographies and time zones.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision seeking direction as required.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills.
• Previous NoSQL or PostgreSQL database administration experience is a plus.
• Proficient with the Linux operating system.
• Working knowledge of Data Modelling.
• Working knowledge of scripting languages, Bash, ksh, perl etc.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-126614