MasterCard Senior Data Scientist - Engineering Focus-2 in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Data Scientist - Engineering Focus-2
Data Scientist - Technology Strategy and Transformation
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The AI Services team is looking for a data scientist with a particular interest in operationalizing and scaling ML/AI applications who is eager to take on the responsibility of contributing to a wide variety of data science projects. The person in this role will be join a team of leading edge data scientists who are not just building models, but are working to solve foundational business problems for the Company.
In this role you will responsible for:
• Designing, developing, and researching ML systems
• Studying, transforming, and extending data science prototypes
• Searching cleaning, aggregating large data sets from Cloudera, AWS, Azure, Splunk
• Application development and maintenance on Linux environments
• Performing statistical data analysis
• Iteratively training and retraining Machine Learning systems and models
• Extending existing ML frameworks and libraries
• Data visualization and story telling with Tableau, Jupyter, RShiny and/or d3s
• Graph analytics with Python, R or TigerGraph
• Programming with Python and/or R languages
• Programming within ML Frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, scikit-learn, and/or Spark/ML
• Model deployment with containers such as Kubernetes and/or Docker
• Anomaly detection and model/data drift analysis affecting production ML models
• Building and maintaining ML production pipelines
• Solid verbal and written communication skills
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics or similar field
• Experience with a Fortune 500 Company a plus
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-151487