MasterCard Senior Business Analyst in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Business Analyst
The Global Business Services Center Service Management team is built upon strong contributors with leadership abilities, consulting mindsets and strong project management skills. The group acts as an internal consultant supporting the Shared Services Organization which today supports three primary verticals: Finance, People & Capability and Legal, Franchise & Integrity.
The primary responsibility of this role will be focused within our Shared Services Organization evolving metrics, KPIs & Management Reporting, supporting the identification of Continuous Process Improvement projects and being a key contributor in Issue Identification, Root Cause Analysis and Go Forward Strategy Recommendations. The qualified candidate will be a member of a highly visible team working closely with Operational Work Stream Leads and Key Internal Customers to identify opportunities and risks within KPIs and Operational Data while supporting appropriate planning on projects. This position requires a highly collaborative individual with strong analytical and organization skills who will need to coordinate global relationships across multiple functional areas, third party providers and regional constituencies.
• Using automated tools and an understanding of data collection / sampling techniques to extract data from primary and secondary sources.
• Developing and maintaining databases, data systems – reorganizing data in a readable format
• Understand Governance Strategies needed to maintain data integrity
• Performing analysis on data and measurement systems to validate accuracy and assess quality & meaning of results.
• Extract and summarize process data from various reports and platform to support project planning decisions
• Using statistical tools to identify, analyze, and interpret patterns and trends in complex data sets that could be helpful for the diagnosis and prediction
• Assigning numerical value to essential business functions so that business performance can be assessed and compared over periods of time
• Using data to tell a story by preparing final analysis reports and data visualizations for the stakeholders to understand the data-analysis steps, enabling them to make important decisions based on various facts and trends.
All About You
• Experience in large-scale transformation initiatives
• Demonstrated project management leadership in complex situations
• Experience with Data Analysis tools and techniques
• Experience in analysis of operational data to support business decisions
• Background in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Information Management or Economics
• Professional services or consulting experience a plus.
• Communicates clearly and effectively with superiors, peers, staff, internal customers, members, and other stakeholders.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-171930