MasterCard Senior BizOps Engineer in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior BizOps Engineer
The Mastercard BizOps team is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer who can help us solve problems, build our CI/CD pipeline and lead Mastercard in DevOps automation and best practices.
Are you a born problem solver who loves to figure out how something works?
Are you a CI/CD geek who loves all things automation?
Do you have a low tolerance for manual work and look to automate everything you can?
Business Operations is leading the DevOps transformation at Mastercard through our tooling and by being an advocate for change & standards throughout the development, quality, release, and product organizations. We need team members with an appetite for change and pushing the boundaries of what can be done with automation. Experience in working across development, operations, and product teams to prioritize needs and to build relationships is a must.
The Business to Business (B2B) technologies team is dedicated to producing and supporting technology solutions that enable business to business commerce. The B2B Operations and Support team provides 24x7 support globally for MasterCard's primary web application platform (MasterCard Connect), the surrounding ecosystem of B2B applications at MasterCard, and several additional business to business applications that support MasterCard's fraud reduction efforts and workflow management. MasterCard Connect provides key services such as user provisioning that MasterCard's other B2B applications rely on and is a mission-critical system to MasterCard's long term success.
This position will lead MasterCard's engineering response for all of MasterCard's B2B technology solutions. Encompassing a suite of more than 50 platforms and applications varying from the latest and greatest technologies to legacy technologies, there is enough variety here to keep any technologist sharp. MasterCard's support teams are globally based and this position will be responsible for tying them together into a cohesive, agile and responsive unit that sets a world class standard for operational performance.
• Contributes significantly to the engineering strategy for all platforms across MasterCard’s B2B application suite and to the production support response strategy by identifying and developing platform improvement and process improvement opportunities.
• Troubleshoots applications and implements fixes to decrease time to resolution and minimize dependency on advanced vendor support.
• Minimizes application development costs by providing guidance and leadership to application development teams and ensuring sound execution throughout the system development life cycle.
• Mentors staff and provides assistance to team members as needed.
• Maintains skills consistent with the technology roadmap and implements tasks leveraging new technologies as needed.
• Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
• Analyze ITSM activities of the platform and provide feedback loop to development teams on operational gaps or resiliency concerns
• Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, capacity planning and launch reviews.
• Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
• Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
• Support the application CI/CD pipeline for promoting software into higher environments through validation and operational gating, and lead Mastercard in DevOps automation and best practices.
• Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
• Take a holistic approach to problem solving, by connecting the dots during a production event thru the various technology stack that makes up the platform, to optimize mean time to recover
• Work with a global team spread across tech hubs in multiple geographies and time zones
• Share knowledge and mentor junior resources
• BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience.
• Experience with algorithms, data structures, scripting, pipeline management, and software design.
• Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
• Ability to help debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
• We support many different stakeholders. Experience in dealing with difficult situations and making decisions with a sense of urgency is needed.
• Experience in one or more of the following is preferred: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, Perl or Ruby.
• Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
• We need team members with an appetite for change and pushing the boundaries of what can be done with automation. Experience in working across development, operations, and product teams to prioritize needs and to build relationships is a must.
• We are looking for candidates who have experience in ANY of the following areas:
o Core Java including multi-threading and batch processing
o Web Services - REST/XML/ WSDL/SOAP
o J2EE Web Application/Web Services with JBoss & WebSphere
o Oracle & PL/SQL
o Red Hat Linux & Solaris/UNIX
o Messaging - MQ and JMS
o Rich internet applications using GWT (Google Web Toolkit) and/or GXT (EXT GWT), ExtJS, Flex
o Fusion Tools including Jira, Crucible, & Bamboo
o Security Coding Techniques and Tools - Fortify, & OWASP vulnerabilities
o Hibernate & Spring
o Subversion Source Control
• Knowledge in the areas of strategy, technology, and planning.
• Some experience establishing governance for interrelated applications and matrixed organizations.
• Knowledge of MasterCard and the payments industry preferred.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-123053