MasterCard Senior BizOps Engineer in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior BizOps Engineer
The Commercial BizOps team is looking for a new team member who can help us solve problems and lead Mastercard in DevOps automation and best practices.
• Are you a born problem solver who loves to figure out how something works?
• Are you a detail oriented individual who enjoys complex problem solving?
• Do you love determining the correct actions required to fix a problem?
Business Operations is leading the DevOps transformation at Mastercard through our tooling and by being an advocate for change & standards throughout the development, quality, release, and product organizations. We need team members with an appetite for change and pushing the boundaries of what can be done with automation. Experience in working across development, operations, and product teams to prioritize needs and to build relationships is a must.
The role of Business Operations is to be the production readiness steward for the platform. This is accomplished by closely partnering with developers to design, build, implement, and support technology services. A Business Operations Engineer will ensure operational criteria like system availability, capacity, performance, monitoring, self-healing, and deployment automation are implemented throughout the delivery process. Business Operations plays a key role at Mastercard by being an advocate for change and standards throughout the development, quality, release, and product organizations.
The goal of every Business Operations team is to be more proactive to maximize customer experience and increase the overall value of supported applications. Business Operations teams also focus on risk management by reviewing all our activities together with an overarching responsibility for compliance and risk mitigation across all our environments. Business Operations focus is also on streamlining and standardizing traditional application specific support activities.
Ultimately, the role of Business Operations is to align Product and Customer Focused priorities with Operational needs. We regularly review our run state not only from an internal perspective, but also understanding and providing the feedback loop to our development partners on how we can improve the customer experience of our applications.
• Resolve product or service problems by clarifying the customer's request, determine the cause of the problem, select and explain the best solution to solve the problem, expedite correction or adjustment and follow up to ensure resolution.
• Prepare and analyze various reports to proactively identify and resolve issues.
• Research code to determine cause of certain behaviors that have occurred in a batch environment.
• Evaluate business requests to determine feasibility, work with partnering teams to define alternatives and recommend optimal solutions.
• Coordinate and participate in review, revisions, changes, enhancements, testing and documentation of product enhancements and/or business requirements.
• Work with a global team spread across tech hubs in multiple geographies and time zones.
• Share knowledge and mentor junior resources.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
• Experience in a financial environment preferred.
• Analytical/problem solving and planning skills.
• The ability to organize, multi-task and prioritize work based on current business needs.
• Possess strong communication skills -- both verbal and written.
• Strong relationship skills, collaborative skills and customer service skills.
• Experience in the following is required: UNIX, scripting, Oracle, SQL skills and Microsoft Office.
• Experience in one or more of the following is preferred but not required: C++ and/or Java.
• Ability to work with little or no supervision.
• Minor travel may be required.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-156149