MasterCard Senior BizOps Engineer in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior BizOps Engineer
• The role of Corporate Security Operations is to be the production readiness steward for the Crypto Services platforms by managing, mitigating, or elevating awareness of the business risk of all customer interactions with Mastercard’s technology platforms
• We accomplish this by linking every technology recommendation with a business value, continuously monitoring platform health indicators, and elevating awareness when one of our main objectives is at risk
• Support daily operations with a distinct focus on triage, impact mitigation and root cause identification through a depth of knowledge for corresponding products.
• Proactively manage production and change activities to maximize customer experience, and increase the overall value of supported applications
• Centralizing points of interaction for both internal and external partners by communicating effectively with all key stakeholders
• Align Product and Customer Focused priorities with Operational needs
• Contribute to efforts for Protect and Enable teams responsible for implementing DevOps practices, production readiness, and compliance for MasterCard Core applications
• Contribute on Corporate Security Operations efforts (speed to resolution, bridging the gap between business partners, developers, SLA management, and key support teams. Lead activities for Continuous Delivery / Continuous Improvement, automate existing technical processes, enhanced monitoring, and identify efficiencies for Crypto Service applications.
• Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
• Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
• Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
• Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
• Manage, implement, enhance, and enforce consistent company and department Security Ops practices
• Apply technical and business knowledge to effectively support Crypto Service applications
• Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
All About You
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience.
• Background in Dev Ops practices a distinct advantage
• Background in automation a distinct advantage
•Use Jenkins to orchestrate builds as well as link to Sonar, Chef, Maven, Artifactory, etc. to build out the CI/CD pipeline.
•Background working with Azure, Google Cloud and AWS is an advantage
•Support deployments of code into multiple lower environments. Supporting current processes needed with an emphasis on automating everything as soon as possible.
•Design and implement a Git based code management strategy that will support multiple environment deployments in parallel. Experience with automation for branch management, code promotions, and version management is a plus.
• Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design.
• Experience in one or more of the following: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, Perl or Ruby
• High energy and ability to influence others
• Experience in overseeing multiple projects / initiatives concurrently
• Strong understanding of all phases of a Software Development Life Cycle
• Deliver time-saving process improvements that will be repeatable, maintainable, valuable, and fit into MasterCard’s Business Operations vision.
• Exceptional communication skills
• Self-motivated and highly collaborative
• Comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
• Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
• Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
• Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-150573