MasterCard Senior BizOps Engineer in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior BizOps Engineer
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all
The API Gateway BizOps team is looking for a Senior Engineer to drive our customer experience strategy forward by consistently innovating and problem-solving. The ideal candidate is passionate about the customer experience journey, highly motivated, intellectually curious, analytical, and possesses an entrepreneurial mindset.
The role of business operations is to be the production readiness steward for the platform. This is accomplished by closely partnering with developers to design, build, implement, and support technology services. A business operations engineer will ensure operational criteria like system availability, capacity, performance, monitoring, self-healing, and deployment automation are implemented throughout the delivery process. Business Operations plays a key role in leading the DevOps transformation at Mastercard through our tooling and by being an advocate for change and standards throughout the development, quality, release, and product organizations.
We accomplish this transformation through supporting daily operations with a hyper focus on triage and then root cause by understanding the business impact of our products. The goal of every biz ops team is to shift left to be more proactive and upfront in the development process, and to proactively manage production and change activities to maximize customer experience, and increase the overall value of supported applications. Biz Ops teams also focus on risk management by tying all our activities together with an overarching responsibility for compliance and risk mitigation across all our environments. A biz ops focus is also on streamlining and standardizing traditional application specific support activities and centralizing points of interaction for both internal and external partners by communicating effectively with all key stakeholders.
Ultimately, the role of biz ops is to align Product and Customer Focused priorities with Operational needs. We regularly review our run state not only from an internal perspective, but also understanding and providing the feedback loop to our development partners on how we can improve the customer experience of our applications.
• Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operations, and refinement.
• Analyze ITSM activities of the platform and provide feedback loop to development teams on operational gaps or resiliency concerns
• Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, capacity planning and launch reviews.
• Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
• Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
• Support the application CI/CD pipeline for promoting software into higher environments through validation and operational gating, and lead Mastercard in DevOps automation and best practices.
• Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
• Take a holistic approach to problem solving, by connecting the dots during a production event thru the various technology stack that makes up the platform, to optimize mean time to recover
• Work with a global team spread across tech hubs in multiple geographies and time zones
• Share knowledge and mentor junior resources.
All About You
• Understanding of two factor authentication.
• Strong documentation and communication skills.
• Strong understanding and experience in implementing NGINX configuration.
• Intermediate understanding of Active Directory (Users / Groups), SAML, LTPA, SSO, Oauth.
• Understanding of DEVOPS technologies like Chef, Jenkins, Groovy, shell scripting, bitbucket, GIT.
• Experience in working with or implementing automation workflows and/or scripting development.
• Understanding of:
o Client-server relationships
o Network concepts (Layer 1 to Layer 3)
o Stack trace analysis (TCP dumps, heap dumps, CPU/memory analysis, thread dumps).
o Load balancers and application firewalls.
o Operating System navigation.
o Logging and monitoring methods, standards, and tools.
o High availability and business continuity planning
o Caching concepts
o Configuration management
• Awareness of security implementations, certificate management lifecycle, mutual TLS, SSL handshake, SSH keys, symmetric and asymmetric encryptions.
In many locations, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-176012