MasterCard Senior Analyst, Payroll in O'Fallon, Missouri
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Senior Analyst, Payroll
Global Payroll is a part of Mastercard’s Global Business Service Center and is responsible for ensuring accurate and timely payments to our employees globally
• The organization has team members in several locations throughout the world to provide superior customer service to our employees and align with time zones and language differences
• The position for Leader, Payroll & Tax is to:
o ensure the timely and accurate payroll delivery of the US and Canada payrolls
o to ensure payroll tax compliance for all U.S. based employees and legal entities
o lead and successfully close all U.S. payroll tax audits
o plans, develops and evaluates MasterCard’s U.S. Payroll tax policy and participates in the development of tax strategy using legal means to minimize tax liability based on a thorough knowledge of U.S. tax laws and regulations
o recommend and implement business and process improvements
• Do you consider yourself as a critical thinker with strengths in leadership and applying global business acumen?
• Do you contribute and thrive in an organization that is metrics and SLA driven with a focus on continuous process improvement?
• Can you demonstrate your ability to lead thoughtful decision making and be flexible in a fast paced, deadline focused, changing environment?
• Manages the payroll processing ensuring compliance across the US and Canada
• Review consolidated payroll federal tax returns (with significant number of subsidiaries) and state tax returns (standalone, combined and unitary) to ensure proper reporting and compliance of ADP created returns
• Perform research on various tax issues using online tax research services
• Represent the Company before the IRS and/or state auditors during federal and state payroll tax audits; prepares response to Information Document Requests (“IDR”); and negotiate audit findings with the auditors, as applicable
• Stay current with payroll tax law changes that may impact MasterCard and its employees and communicate changes to senior management and the affected U.S. employee population
• Visualize, communicate and oversee process changes across within the US fostering an environment of continuous process improvement
• Lead acquisition integrations throughout the region from initiation through implementation
All About You:
Experience in payroll operations, tax and/or global mobility and ability to demonstrate success in designing and managing global operational controls
• Strong management skills: ability to lead, coach and motivate organization effectively
• Strong process management skills and regional/global cultural awareness
• Strong analytical/problem solving and planning skills
• Ability to be flexible in a fast paced, deadline focused, changing environment
• Strong relationship-building skills and the ability to work with people at all levels in the organization
• Solid communication skills, ability and willingness to exercise initiative
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and in groups to complete time-sensitive projects within internal and external deadlines
• Workday and ADP Tax experience recommended
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-96233