MasterCard Senior Analyst, Business Integration (M&A CoE – Global Business Services Center) MPS32 in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Analyst, Business Integration (M&A CoE – Global Business Services Center) MPS32
The Global Business Service Center (GBSC) is a shared services center within Mastercard whose mission is to add value to our partners and serve our customers by delivering operational excellence, enhanced customer experiences, and focused business results. This Senior Analyst role will execute on this mission in collaboration with peers and support of GBSC Enterprise.
• Are you passionate about customer service?
• Do you want to be part of a dynamic and agile team environment?
• Are you collaborative and comfortable navigating change?
• Serves as dedicated M&A champion delivering full cycle M&A project support with a focus on P2P activities and initiatives
• Supports M&A CoE in identifying key business decisions, developing design, and integration approach recommendations
• Collaborates with back-office operational teams to properly communicate, plan and implement finance processes into the center
• In Partnership with GBSC Enterprise, builds and maintains the M&A playbook to drive efficiency and effectiveness of M&A cycles.
• Serves as a point of clarity and escalation for M&A issues impacting P2P activities
• Partners with Finance Integration leads and Ops leads to lead/ support post implementation reviews with GBSC Enterprise
• Collaborates with Ops team on transition of activities from “integration to BAU operations” model
• Standardize based on characteristics and objectives of the acquisition
• Effectively define and manage integration approach from a GBSC perspective
All About You
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• Experience building trusted relationships with business partners
• Experience managing M&A and Change Projects
• Excellent verbal and written communicator
• Ability to influence outcomes and drive behavior among diverse stakeholders to achieve timely results
• Comfort around all levels of the organization
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-138060