MasterCard Product Manager - Technical || in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Product Manager - Technical ||
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
At Mastercard, our industry expertise is enhanced by our commitment to being a force of good in the world. We do well by doing good. Our core values of trust, partnership, agility, and thoughtful risk-taking are displayed in everything we do. Our culture of collaboration and inclusion makes our company a place where the best people choose to be. Come join us!
At the edge of Mastercard’s network, the Next Edge program deploys intelligent interfaces, enabling payment and data transfer. We focus on evolving our edge customer interfaces, ensuring Mastercard continues to serve our customers’ future needs and operates securely at scale and with speed.
Role & Responsibilities
· Owns the working backwards documents and vision for at least one feature
· Elicits and decomposes business requirements into platform requirements and user stories
· Contributes near-term input (quarterly) for the platform product portfolio and roadmap, prioritizing the backlog while defining the acceptance criteria for user stories
· Recommends trade-off decisions on platform product features/depth of features/backlog items
· Uses runtime metrics of their services in market as a feedback loop into the backlog and balances the priorities against new feature requests
· Owns and manages product documentation ensuring features and associated documentation are clear and easily consumable by other engineering teams
· Enables self-service support and/or works to reduce overhead
· Continuously monitors feature development at the feature level adjusting throughout implementation as needed
· Reviews product demo against acceptance criteria for the feature set
All About You
· Like to dive deep into the operational characteristics of the product
· Demonstrated ability to operate with complete independence and autonomy
· Experience defining and building cloud-native software products as a platform at scale
· Proven track record of data driven decision making and applying continuous improvement methodologies across your team
· Experience in agile delivery methodologies (scrum, Kanban, etc.)
· Can communicate to executives, peers, and staff with impact, eloquence, and authenticity
· Ensures features and associated documentation are clear and easily consumable by other engineering teams.
· Demonstrated experience building organizational relationships, partnering with, and influencing teams while commanding the respect of the individuals on the team
· Bachelor degree in software engineering, computer science, information technology or related discipline preferred, or equivalent work experience
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-174758