MasterCard Principal Technical Program Manager in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Principal Technical Program Manager
Are you a program manager who wants to work for a tech company that offers above and beyond benefits including paid parental leave, flexible work hours, gift matching, and even volunteer incentives? Do you want to work in an inclusive and nurturing culture that encourages your own professional learning and development? At Mastercard, our industry expertise is enhanced by our commitment to being a force for good in the world. We do well by doing good. Our core values of trust, partnership, agility and thoughtful risk taking are displayed in everything we do. Our culture of collaboration and inclusion makes our company the place where the best people choose to be. Come join us!
Our Program Managers conceptualize, rationalize, and drive multiple projects to deliver engineering work across our organization. This includes defining, organizing, and optimizing inter/intra-dependent work into believable delivery plans while establishing the required mechanisms for teams to inspect progress and deliver against our impactful work. Program managers own the declared delivery date and actively orchestrate the work until complete. At Mastercard, our support network for program managers is the Program Management Guild. The Program Management Guild brings together over 600 professionals across Mastercard to elevate and maintain our practices at a level commensurate with Mastercard’s overall position in the market as a top tech company. We are proud to have our members run the guild, we are looking for two principal program managers to operate our guild.
As a program management practitioner, you’ll be immersed in the daily lives of our program managers seeing how we do the job today and passionately figuring out how we can do the job even better tomorrow. You will operate successfully at both the strategic as well as the tactical level, to grow our guild internally and externally. Whether increasing our skills ensuring future compatibility, building virtual and physical communities of practitioners, driving employee satisfaction, aligning with corporate resources, and helping us hire exemplary program managers, you’ll work directly with senior leaders in in our product groups, acquisitions, and within our guild to progress and evolve the guild in a measurable way. You are a natural problem solver, enthusiastic about working in ambiguity, and you may have to roll up your sleeves where necessary to progress the guild objectives forward. Come take this opportunity to leave your impact on the company.
All About You:
• Demonstrated ability to operate with independence and autonomy
• Experience defining and building cloud-native software products as a platform at scale with a deep understanding of those platforms capabilities and underlying technologies.
• Demonstrated experience breaking down problems, organizing work, planning sprints, and delivering technical programs in agile delivery models (scrum, Kanban, etc.)
• Experience working on programs to define and build cloud-native software products as a platform at scale
• Enjoys diving deep to understand of the platforms capabilities and underlying technologies.
• Proven track record of data driven decision-making and applying continuous improvement methodologies across teams
• Can debate the delivery strategy with business teams, architects, engineers, and designers
• Can communicate to executives, peers, and staff with impact, eloquence, and authenticity
• Demonstrated experience building relationships, partnering with and influencing dependent teams while commanding the respect of the individuals you work with across the organization
• Huge plus if you have expertise in Payments, IaaS, PaaS, serverless technology, CI/CD, NoSQL databases, microservices APIs, and distributed systems operations in a DevOps model
• BS in engineering, computer science or related discipline.
• Technical program delivery experience including time developing and testing software
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-131422