MasterCard Principal Software Engineer in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Principal Software Engineer
At Mastercard, our industry expertise is enhanced by our commitment to being a force for good in the world and to doing well by doing good. Mastercard relies on our global workforce to help us achieve our goal of building a sustainable, inclusive global economy. The Mastercard Way encourages us, connects us with the behaviors that represent the essence of not only what we do but who we are as an organization. Cultivating an environment for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views and experiences drives a global and collaborative culture of inclusion and sense of belonging.
We're looking for talented Principal software development engineer to join our engineering team to help lead, design modernize franchise solutions using advanced technologies and applications that are revolutionizing payments while continue enhancing existing legacy platform.
· Are you passionate about software engineering?
· Do you enjoy seeing the impact your code has on a wide range of customers?
· Do you want to work for a company that offers above and beyond benefits including paid parental leave, flexible work hours, gift matching, and even volunteer incentives while encouraging your own professional learning and development?
· Do you thrive in a place where you are continuously learning more while growing your skills and career?
· Do you want to join a Company that offers a competitive benefits-and rewards program that attracts, develops, and retains the most talented employees around the world?
· Do you want to join an inclusive culture where employees, in all their diversity, feel valued, respected and who can bring their authentic selves to work? Learn more at Mastercard’s Corporate Sustainability Report.
• Work on complex enterprise-wide initiatives spanning multiple services/programs and drives resolution
• Work with business/product owners to architect and deliver on new services to introduce new products and bundles
• Drive the architectural design, including dependent services, service interactions, and policies
• Take ownership to improve the customer experience of an entire set of services/applications sold as products or bundled services
• Contribute and lead Guild initiatives by engaging and mentoring Engineers at all levels to improve the craftmanship of Software Engineering
• Simplify and improve the cost/benefit of a function/service/architecture strategy
• Apply judgment and experience to balance trade-offs between competing interests
• Venture beyond comfort zone to take on assignments across different areas of Software Engineering
• Take on organization-wide and public speaking engagements and publishes white papers and blogs on relevant and emerging technical topics
• Consult across teams and across organization lines to identify synergies and reuse opportunities
• Participate and contribute to Principal review architecture meetings and drive resolutions to enterprise-wide challenges and regulatory needs
• Write recommendations for job promotions based on an unbiased view of one's accomplishments
• Conduct technical interviews for hiring engineering staff and raising the performance bar
• Identify and raise awareness to Silo-ed behaviors within the organization and teams
Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience.
Expert foundation in algorithms, data structures and core computer science concepts – able to teach/mentor others in their learning.
Development experience in UNIX scripting, Oracle, SQL , PL/SQL.
Extensive experience writing complex SQL using a vast variety of Oracle functions such as single row, aggregate, analytic, and date/time.
Expert using Toad, SQL Plus, Unix OS, writing Unix shell scripts, Pro*C (or some experience with C, C++, or C sharp)
Experience with Agile development methodologies such as SAFE, SCRUM, Extreme Programming, TDD etc.
Experience working with a source versioning tool, such as Git.
Strong analytical and excellent problem-solving skills.
Experience working in an Agile environment.
Expert in TDD and BDD in the software development processes.
Expert in modern software design principles such as SOLID, DRY, and Single responsibility.
Mentor and teacher of new technologies and design patterns.
Ability to work with little or no supervision.
Ability to quickly learn new technologies, development tools, and frameworks.
Working experience in a cloud native environment like K8s, Azure, AWS is a plus.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-162411