MasterCard Principal Software Engineer in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Principal Software Engineer
This position is for a Principal Software Engineer on the Architecture and Technology Governance team. This team is responsible for mechanisms to review existing and proposed designs to verify compliance with Mastercard Engineering Principles and other technology policies. Additional team responsibilities include Incident Engineering Reviews, Blameless Incident Postmortems, collaborative software engineering/system architecture peer reviews, and maintaining various technology policy documents surrounding software development and architecture.
• Lead early architecture design reviews to validate proper architectural patterns are being followed for new designs.
• Be a spokesperson to help shape technical designs and future direction for designated technologies and business domains with an emphasis on application architecture, cloud native patterns, localization, and infrastructure.
• Develop, promote, and validate the company's target architecture to support and enable business strategies.
• Lead technical deep-dive discussions (Incident Engineering Reviews) on incidents and apply the “5 Whys” technique to help identify true incident root cause while coaching Program teams to scale this technique.
• Evangelize global learning opportunities from Incident Engineering Reviews and partner with teams across the organization to improve resiliency.
• Lead assessments on new and existing services to verify internal technology policies are being followed while working closely with the Technology Risk Management organization.
• Create mechanisms to scale assessments and track compliance across the entire organization.
• Create technical documentation, reports, white papers, etc. for a diverse audience including peers and executive management.
• Own, enhance, and deeply understand policy documents and standards covering Service Quality Lifecycle Standards, Software Development Lifecycle, and Engineering Principles.
• Partner with delivery teams across the organization to enable up-front policy adherence.
• Proactively build relationships with technical peers and management across the organization.
• Technical leadership experience in architecture, infrastructure, development, testing, and operations with knowledge across multiple technology stacks.
• Expertise and practical experience with cloud technologies (IaaS, PaaS, serverless, etc.), microservice design, cloud native patterns, CI/CD, and DevOps.
• Proficiency with multiple programming languages such as Java, .NET, and C++.
• Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) with the ability to get your point across efficiently to a wide range of audiences including peers and executives.
• Expertise designing scalable, fault tolerant platforms that are resilient to infrastructure failures.
• Experience defining quality engineering standards, processes, tools and methodologies.
• Expertise with multiple database (relational, NoSQL) and cache technologies.
• Insatiable curiosity to understand platform capabilities, underlying technologies, and software architecture solutions.
• Regularly lead retrospection and continually improve as a result.
• Enjoys diving deep to understand platform capabilities and underlying technologies.
• Strong collaborative and organizational skills valuing transparency over avoiding scrutiny.
• Expertise with how high-performance, high-reliability, large-scale distributed systems are built and operated across a variety of technology stacks.
• Strong analytical and excellent problem-solving skills.
• Ability to operate with independence and autonomy.
• Ability to build relationships by partnering with and influencing dependent teams while commanding the respect of the individuals you work with across the organization.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-169115