MasterCard Principal Software Development Engineer in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Principal Software Development Engineer
The Commercial Expense Reporting and Analytics platform is looking for a cutting-edge data architect skilled in the agile software development lifecycles of Data Warehousing, Operational Data Stores, ETL, Business Intelligence, traditional API and UI applications, Micro-Services, and Machine Learning.
• 8+ Years of experience with implementing Reporting Applications, Operational Data Stores, ETL, Business Intelligence, Machine Learning, AI and Data Governance
• Proven track record of designing and maintaining large, complex, highly-scalable, highly-available, fault-tolerant, secure, near real-time data and analytics systems
• Ability to manage confluence of traditional Application Development, Data Governance and Micro-service Development lifecycles
• Ability to navigate regulated domains and comply with relevant PCI and PII standards
• Ability to design, productize, implement, scale and maintain data services, tooling, policies, projects and procedures
• Comfort with training, knowledge transfer and mentorship of data engineers
• Demonstrated understanding of established data management and reporting technologies such as relational and non-relational databases, messaging systems, predictive analytics, data visualization, and unstructured data.
• Demonstrated experience with continuous improvement, delivery, data cloud-migration and system automation
• Ability to operate within a highly-regulated and responsibility-segregated organization
• Designing, developing, implementing and debugging large and complex data platforms
• Integrating complex legacy data systems into next-generation application platforms
• Analyzing and improving performance of existing platforms
• Providing training and mentorship to other engineers
• Recommending new technologies, policies and practices that can help increase platform health and feature-set
• Identifying product and technology gaps and deriving viable solutions to business challenges
• Identifying, advocating and driving substantive advancement in technology, process, organizational structure or feature-set
• Deep experience with business intelligence tools/reporting platforms: WebFocus (required), PowerBI, SSRS
• Experience with large, relational database tools: Oracle (required), PostgreSQL, DB2, MS SQL Server
• Experience with ETL and ODS tools: Informatica (preferred), Tableau, Alteryx, Qlik
• Experience with event and message tools: Kafka (preferred), RabbitMQ, MQ Series
• Experience with Cloud Computing and PAAS tools: Azure, AWS, S3, GCS
• Experience with integrating Enterprise Engineering Languages and Frameworks to data platforms: Java, JEE, Spring, Hibernate
• Familiar with Machine Learning tools and processes: R, Python, Jupyter, Hadoop, Neo4J
• Familiar with Non-relational Database tools: MongoDB, CouchDB, Domino
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent organizational and leadership skills
• Excellent analytical skills
• Proven experience building complex web and data systems
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-121734