MasterCard Principal Software Development Engineer, Data and Services - Locations Insights in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Principal Software Development Engineer, Data and Services - Locations Insights
Are you passionate about applying your Software Development expertise to real-world applications that leverage big data to unlock business insights? Do you have experience leading the end-to-end design of complex applications and data pipelines using the latest technologies? Are you excited to work on products which provide value to thousands of Mastercard’s clients, and produce over one billion media impressions annually?
As a Principal Engineer on the Data & Services Locations Program you will architect and implement applications, APIs, and data products which unleash the power of Mastercard Data to deliver Market and Location level insights to a broad array of retail, financial, and government customers. You will lead our technology approach to emerging challenges including scaled data pipelines, near real-time processing, and ever-changing regulatory requirements.
This is a Director-level Individual Contributor role reporting directly to the Locations Insights Program’s technology Vice President. Candidates should have a track record of identifying thoughtful, robust solutions to the most challenging technical problems, the ability to apply strong business acumen to technology challenges, and experience presenting to and influencing senior stakeholders across organizational boundaries.
• Lead the definition, development, and delivery of major cross-department initiatives with broad scope and long-term business implications for major clients. Operate with technical agility across all aspects of the stack and development process for both existing and new products.
• Implement solutions with an emphasis on high quality, scalable, and extensible development best practices. Champion top-quality outputs, keep pace with industry standards, and apply to the team’s development practices.
• Coach and mentor individuals at all experiences levels directly and through creation of knowledge sharing best practices.
• Advise senior management on technical tradeoffs and feasibility. Explore solutions through research and by performing PoCs to assess and identify solutions to the technology needs of the organization.
• Partner with business owners to understand commercial opportunities and evaluate technical designs for cost, ROI, risks, benefits, and constraints.
• Work with technical partners across the organization to prioritize and develop solutions which will scale and support the organizations ambitious forward-looking objectives.
• Lead firm-wide engineering initiatives by engaging and mentoring Engineers at all levels to improve the craftmanship of Software Engineering.
• Ensure compliance of audit requirements by proactively educating team on Compliance Requirements and Integrating Compliance Requirements in SDLC. Represent team during Compliance Audits.
• Represent senior leadership as Technical “voice in the room” in various meetings, many of which are with senior stakeholders.
- All about you / Ideal Candidate Qualifications *
• Demonstrated expertise and deep technical foundations in C# .Net or Java application development frameworks.
• Expertise in one or more enterprise database solutions (e.g. SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, Impala, Spark).
• Expertise leading development of RESTful API services including design patterns and scalability.
• Experience with automated testing including integration testing, load testing, and unit testing.
• Experience defining hardware specifications to support applications.
• Passion for solving complex analytical/quantitative problems in real world scenarios.
• Self-directed and desire to thrive solving unstructured problems in a creative, small team environment.
• Solid academic record with a degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
• Proven ability to collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams of business analysts, developers, data scientists, and subject matter experts.
• Strong ability to investigate and analyze complex technical problems, and deliver elegant solutions.
• Able to promote and coach teams to take on full-stack development and facilitate end-to-end service ownership.
• Capable of engaging engineers across the Technology organization to promote standard software patterns and reuse of common libraries and services.
• Able to succinctly articulate the architecture patterns of complex systems to executive and customer stakeholders, together with any associated business and technical implications.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-150771