MasterCard Principal Security Assurance (Regulatory and Customer Support ) in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Principal Security Assurance (Regulatory and Customer Support )
The Technology Risk Management (TRM) organization is a business enabler and industry leader of technology and security risk management practices, supported by a multi-disciplinary team of top security, technology, and risk professionals. Our mission is to exceed stakeholder expectations by providing enhanced visibility and proactive management of technology risks and ensuring strong security and sound operational environment.
The Security Assurance team is responsible for working with, and demonstrating to, our stakeholders (e.g., regulators, customers, Mastercard businesses) how Mastercard complies with our security promises, commitments, and obligations. We do this by translating regulatory and customer requirements and showing how Mastercard standards/controls meet these expectations.
Regulator/Customer Engagement/Support Framework
• Support development, maintenance and execution against a single, standard engagement and delivery model and drive expanded adoption across all new business products/services (e.g., real-time payments, account-to-account, ACH, open banking, P2P) and markets
• Support maintenance of centralized inventory of security risk management requirements and assurance expectations to meet customer and regulator technology expectations
• Support standardization and centralization of security assurance requirements, artifacts and compliance documentation
• Support Market, Technology and Product Risk Leads understand and respond to regulatory and customer inquireies
• Assist in identifying risk and compliance trends and potential red flags, including exception and escalation awareness
• Monitor business, market and regulatory landscape to identify potential changes in external requirements and internal standards, policies and potential implications to company
Regulator and Customer Technology Support
• Support customer and regulatory security examinations (e.g., on-site, virtual); provide documentation and evidence to demonstrate how Mastercard satisfies obligations and commitments
• Translate regulatory and customer expectations to Mastercard technology and security standards and associated control requirements to support assurance assessments
• Oversee customer and regulatory inquiries and requests for information/questionnaires which includes the mapping of customer control domains to Mastercard controls
• Facilitate periodic customer and regulator meetings and reporting
• Advise business owners on analysis of business and functional requirements resulting from regulation and customer contracts; and help identify technology and security risk and governance solutions
• Identify, analyze and report regulator and customer examination findings and trends to internal stakeholders for action/follow-up
• Assist in assessment of risks related to newly acquired entities and critical third-party relationships
• Have strong understanding of information security, risk management and computing systems.
• Experience in handling security audits, conducting assessments and good understanding of governance, risk and compliance practices
• Possess certification in at least one security domain, e.g. CISM, CISSP, CISA
• Be seen as a trusted advisor who understands business processes and can provide security consultation and advisory
• Be confident, analytical and able to drive security discussions with internal and external stakeholders
• Possess excellent communication and people management skills and stakeholder management experience
• Be culturally aware, sensitive and able to collaborate with cross-regional teams
• Be a team player with strong business and operations focus
• Knowledge of Risk and Control Framework standards such as NIST, ISO, PCI-DDS, SOC
• Knowledge of laws, regulations, policies, and ethics as they relate to cybersecurity and IT management (e.g., GDPR, FBA, CBA, PFMI, etc.)
• Knowledge of Mastercard products and technology, security and other risk management programs and practices desired, a plus but not required
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-153972