MasterCard Principal Network Architect - Internet Engineering in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Principal Network Architect - Internet Engineering
Purpose of the Team:
The Network Architecture team responsibilities include:
• Technology roadmaps, strategies, and business cases for modernization.
• Develop and own reference architecture, product strategy and plans for lifecycle management.
• Perform a consultative role to both internal and external customers and at all levels of the organization
Purpose of the position includes:
• Network design (high level and low level), architecture, and implementation oversight including associated documentation.
• Internet edge design experience at the expert level including services like DDoS, Global Load Balancing, and routing protocols like BGP, eBGP etc.
• Network security infrastructure solutions including firewalls/IDS/IPS.
• Data Center centric design that includes militant automation and orchestration where possible.
Best Fit for the role:
• Have you ever analyzed, tested, authored high level and low-level designs, and brought any new technology solution to implementation?
• Have you ever performed detailed problem analysis and troubleshooting? Have you lead the effort to solve the problem collaboratively?
• Have you ever deployed applications or virtual infrastructure in the cloud?
• Provide strategic technical direction on highly complex network projects or activities involving the selection and recommendation of design approach and systems technology
• Manage several projects pertaining to data center and security applications inclusive of, but not limited to, production data centers, wide area networking, mergers & acquisitions, and network roadmaps.
• Research and develop innovative solutions around global unified network solutions and future technologies; Support supplier and vendor management including potential evaluation and selection of new products
• Research and develop automation tools to support the Continuous Integration / Continuous Development (CI/CD) movement.
• Provide fourth level support to the Operations Command Center; investigation, troubleshooting and resolving network communications and operations problems impacting customer, backbone access, or performance on a global basis
All About You
• Network engineering, design, and architecture expertise with exposure to two or more of the following areas: LAN/WAN, firewalls, wireless, security, VOIP, QoS, and encryption technologies while adhering to standard design methodologies and best practices
• Mastery of TCP/IP protocol communications, addressing & subnetting, knowledgeable with IPV6 addressing
• Firewall experience: Preferably Checkpoint or Palo Alto.
• Knowledge of Cisco’s product portfolio: routers, switches, wireless, ACS and ISE
• Knowledge of Arista products including switching and Cloud Vision.
• Extensive knowledge of Network diagnostics, protocols and disciplines, EIGRP, BGP, eBGP, SNMP, VPN, SSH, and MPLS technologies.
• Knowledge of security and encryption technologies including IPSEC & GRE tunnels on routers and firewalls, certificates, and SSL/MSSL
Desirable or additional capabilities:
• Strong verbal and written communications skills, as well as excellent customer support capabilities.
• Self-motivated and demonstrating strong organizational and listening skills; very detail oriented with the ability to carry out assigned tasks with minimal supervision
• Ability to consistently act in a professional manner and communicate with all levels of the organization, both internally and externally
• Methodical problem-solving skills and mastery of developing high level and detailed network designs: Cisco certifications such as CCNP or CCDP desired but not required, additional Security certifications such as SSCP or CISSP desired but not required
• Design, engineer, and implementation of Software Defined Networking. Special focus on VMWare NSX and/or Cisco ACI.
• Design, engineer and implement software defined WAN.
• Research and develop innovative solutions that support cloud connect strategies.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-131628