MasterCard Physical Security Senior Technician (Unarmed Security Officer)-1 in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Physical Security Senior Technician (Unarmed Security Officer)-1
• Physical security and compliance security officer, maintains and monitors physical security policies, standards, and best practices
• Abides by Security guidelines relative to security standards to provide safety and security of staff and assets
• Assist employees and guests
• Interaction with employees and guests, provide direction on security policy and visitor directions as needed
• Operational use of security systems
• Compliance with security operating guidelines
• Coordinates/Dispatches emergency responses to all security events
• Ensures proper escalation of any security related issues
• Resolves complex customer service issues
• Physically fit enough to walk building patrols
• Monitors response to access control, fire detection and CCTV systems
• Assist with Fire, EMS and Law Enforcement
• Grants ID badges to staff as needed
• Initiates Incident Report investigations and provides detailed reports
• Respond to emergency dispatch, response and mitigation relative to security, fire or EMS response
• Active Driver’s license
• Minimum High School graduate or equivalent
• Security, military, law enforcement, firefighting or emergency medical services background preferred
• Represents MasterCard while interacting with Fire, EMS and Law Enforcement liaison at State and Local levels
• Strong Customer Service Skills
• Formal and ongoing Security Training
• Complex problem solving
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-188141