MasterCard Network Operations Analyst I in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Network Operations Analyst I
The Mission Control and Operations Application Support Team is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer who can help us monitor for and solve problems. We need someone to assist with automation and best practices.
Are you a born problem solver who loves to figure out how something works?
Are you a CI/CD geek who loves all things automation?
Do you have a low tolerance for manual work and look to automate everything you can?
Mission Control and Operations is leading the DevOps transformation at Mastercard through our tooling and by being an advocate for change & standards throughout the development, quality, release, and product organizations. We need team members with an appetite for change and pushing the boundaries of what can be done with automation. Experience in working across development, operations, and product teams to prioritize needs and to build relationships is a priority.
For all team members:
• Monitor and respond to production level alerts across multiple applications.
• Monitor, analyze, and respond to alerts related to Fraud.
• Take a holistic approach to problem solving by connecting the dots during production events.
• Review current toolsets to identify gaps and consult with core support teams to identify timely and cost-effective solutions
• Work with a global team across tech hubs in multiple geographies and time zones
• Share knowledge and mentor junior resources
• Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation, and refinement.
• Analyze ITSM activities of the platform and provide feedback loop to development teams on operational gaps or resiliency concerns
• Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health.
• Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
• Support the application CI/CD pipeline for promoting software into higher environments through validation and operational gating, and lead Mastercard in DevOps automation and best practices.
• Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
• BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience.
• Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
• Exposure to and some experience with authorization and / or Fraud related tools a plus
• Exposure to and some experience with using data analytics along with business rules systems for determining or predicting fraud.
• Understanding of Networking
• Understanding of routing and switching.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Experience supporting web based applications, including SOAP and REST APIs, Tomcat, and Apache.
• Ability to write SQL queries highly desirable.
• Ability to help debug and optimize scripts and automate routine tasks.
• We support many different stakeholders. Experience in dealing with difficult situations and making decisions with a sense of urgency is needed.
• Experience in one or more of the following is preferred: Java, Python, Go, Perl or Ruby.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-185569