MasterCard Manager, Technical Writing in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Technical Writing
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Manager, Technical Writing leads a dynamic team of content specialists delivering technical publications regarding products and services for Mastercard’s business customers. The manager will be focused on delivering digital content such as release notes, user guides and API developer references for specific product offerings. This includes managing day-to-day operational and project activities to ensure that content authoring and publication aligns with content strategy and are delivered according to business partner and customer expectations.
• Do you enjoy leading a customer focused team which interfaces with business partners across the globe?
• Are you passionate about technology and finding new ways of doing things that challenge the status quo?
• Do you enjoy finding new solutions for delivering digital content?
• Manage a team of technical content specialists accountable for the successful completion of high-quality technical content within expected timeframes
• Allocate, plan and schedule technical content function resources against expected volume of requests to ensure projects are appropriately staffed and trained
• Evaluate and respond to complex problems of diverse scope, providing managerial support and solutions
• Perform financial analysis, planning, forecasting, and budget tracking to reduce total cost of ownership and allocate resources efficiently, ensuring appropriate technical solutions are employed for the specific application data needs
• Create, organize and update API, Darwin Information Type Architecture (DITA) based, XML, and other emerging content management technologies including oXygen and IxiaSoft according to information model and markup guidelines
• Partner with developers using Agile methodology to construct API developer tools and technical content to ensure consistency of language and product references
•Ensure updates are made to content in accordance with writing standards
• Collaborate with internal resources and business partners to drive the design of a content framework that meets end user requirements and increases reusability of content through profiling, topic reuse, relationship tables, and Ditamaps
• Establish and communicate standards for information types, structures, and assembly so that content is organized logically with the end-user in mind
All About You:
• Prior experience managing or leading a team of technical writers
• Advanced experience with Markdown and HTML syntax and concepts
• Experience with oXygen, IxiaSoft, XML Author and other XML management tools
• Experience or familiarity with Agile, XML, PDF, HTML, DITA, OTK, XSLT and XSL-FO
• Taxonomy knowledge
• Ability to problem-solve and troubleshoot independently
• Exhibit the highest degree of professionalism, accountability, and empowerment to drive results
• Exhibit strong written and verbal communication skills
• Technologically savvy, spearheading innovation through ingenuity, creativity, and thoughtful risks
• Adaptable to dynamic change and ambiguity thriving in a fast-paced environment
• Team player, ability to interact and consult with all levels throughout the organization to cultivate and expand partnerships
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-163792