MasterCard Manager, Technical Program Management in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Technical Program Management
The Program Management (PM) organization drives customer-focused development and management of technology product roadmaps for across Mastercard jointly with development and operations teams and product and regional counterparts. PM’s will obsess about defining, measuring, and communicating the value of our technology investments to our business and technology partners. PM’s own demand intake and prioritization, investment management, capacity planning and support program governance and release planning.
• Plan, execute, and deliver large scale, cross-cutting projects from inception to completion related to a known technology, product, or program.
• Helps drive standardization of process and governance for the Consumer Applications Team
• Proactively manage the end-to-end delivery of engineering work through the Mastercard Send Program
All About You
• Verbal and written communication is clear and concise
• Proficient with scrum delivery
• Demonstrated experience bringing new capabilities to market, improving operations, and driving change management.
• Strong analytical/problem solving skills required in addition to planning and project management expertise.
• High degree of independent leadership, critical thinking, communication, accountability, analytical and teamwork skills.
• The ability to thrive in fast-paced environments while being flexible and able to handle rapidly changing scenarios; someone who sees ‘ambiguity’ as an opportunity rather than a hurdle.
• Proficient with PowerPoint and Excel
• Demonstrated ability to operate with independence and autonomy
• Experience defining and building cloud-native software products as a platform at scale with a deep understanding of those platforms capabilities and underlying technologies.
• Demonstrated experience breaking down problems, organizing work, planning sprints, and delivering technical programs in agile delivery models (scrum, Kanban, etc.)
• Experience working on programs to define and build cloud-native software products as a platform at scale
• Enjoys diving deep to understand of the platforms capabilities and underlying technologies.
• Proven track record of data driven decision-making and applying continuous improvement methodologies across teams
• Can debate the delivery strategy with business teams, architects, engineers, and designers
• Can communicate to executives, peers, and staff with impact, eloquence, and authenticity
• Demonstrated experience building relationships, partnering with and influencing dependent teams while commanding the respect of the individuals you work with across the organization
• Huge plus if you have expertise in Payments, IaaS, PaaS, serverless technology, CI/CD, NoSQL databases, microservices APIs, and distributed systems operations in a DevOps model
• BS in engineering, computer science or related discipline.
• 5-7 years technical program delivery experience including time developing and testing software
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-150278