MasterCard Manager, System Platform Engineering in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, System Platform Engineering
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Distributed Virtualization team, Distributed Platform program is looking for a Manager, Systems Platform Engineering, to drive our customer experience strategy forward by consistently innovating and problem-solving. The ideal candidate is passionate about the customer experience journey, highly motivated, intellectually curious, analytical, and possesses an entrepreneurial mindset.
In this client-facing position, you will:
• Responsible for the analysis, design, development and delivery of our hypervisor solutions (VMWare)
• Define requirements for new applications and customization adhering to MasterCard standards, processes and best practices for virtual infrastructure solutions
• Develop, customize, and test applications to integrate to MasterCard’s specifications
• Provide leadership, mentoring, and technical training to other team members
• Partner with our customers to identify business opportunities, solve problems, and deliver solutions
• Perform feasibility studies, cost and time analysis and create detailed estimates for external customers
• Identify opportunities to grow your customer portfolio
• Manage Mastercard’s HCI global fleet efficiently in terms of capacity management and technical refresh
• Leads a team that plans, designs and develops technical virtual infrastructure solutions and alternatives to meet business requirements in adherence with MasterCard standards, processes and best practices and with a high level of innovation, cost effectiveness, high quality and faster time to market
All About You
The ideal candidate for this position should:
• Have a Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience
• Have a deep understanding of HCI Engineering Concepts and Methodologies with specific skillsets in VMWare and the vRealize suite of products
• Have a good understanding or experience in automation techniques or processes
• Must be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and able to function under pressure in an independent environment and have the ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities and work as a member of matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team
• Be a strong, confident, and exacting writer and speaker, able to communicate your vision and roadmap effectively to a wide variety of stakeholders
• Be skilled at explaining and presenting technical problems succinctly and clearly to senior management
• Must have solid supervisory experience, preferrably with staff outside of their country and be able to lead and manage a diverse team of engineers
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-124044