MasterCard Manager, Software Engineering in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Software Engineering
MDES is looking for a strong, people focused Manager to lead development teams that will drive Mastercard's next generation of Digital Payment products that change how our customers choose to pay. We are looking for Managers who can bring unique perspectives, have strong people management and mentorship skills, and have experience leading teams through the ever changing technology landscape. In this role, you will lead multiple Teams through various projects which are critical to Mastercard’s role in the Digital Payment Space, leveraging technologies such as Pivotal Cloud Foundry and microservice architecture while using Agile/SAFe methodologies.
An ideal candidate is someone who has excellent verbal and written communication skills, who has a passion inspiring others and helping them grow their career, who enjoys solving problems in a challenging environment, and who has the desire to take their career to the next level. If any of these opportunities excite you, we would love to talk.
• Manage individual and team project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
• Passion and conviction and the innate ability to inspire others, and the ability to establish and sell the business and technical vision for a complicated problem area
• Meet with individual Team members on a regular basis to help them navigate their careers
• Provide status and updates to Sr. and Executive Management
• 2+ years of development experience
• Established expertise in software development lifecycle (SDLC)
• Experience with continuous integration, version control, source code repositories, build systems, package management, deployment tools, test frameworks, etc.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices
• Exceptional customer relationship skills
• Degree in technical related field
• Previous people management experience
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-139740