MasterCard Manager, Software Engineering in O'Fallon, Missouri
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Manager, Software Engineering
Primary responsibilities include overall accountability and leadership for a complex E-Commerce project’s successful and timely implementation as well as satisfying the intended business results. Core responsibility for managing relationships and communicating with the project sponsor, senior management and a wide range of project contributors. Identifies key barriers to a project’s success and actively manages all mitigation activities. This individual must use clear goals to communicate the product vision at the beginning of every release cycle so that the team understands and is equipped to realize it. This individual must have a core knowledge of the Agile methodology and effectively represent the team in working with both internal and external stakeholders as needed.
• Formally supervises, coaches, and develops a work group/team
• Ensures own team(s) compliance to goal setting and performance appraisal process
• Coach and guide employees within own team(s)
• Provides strategic leadership related to specific applications and systems, or software-development methodologies
• Provides coaching and guidance to own Software Engineering teams
• Responsible for planning, developing, and executing schedules to ensure timely completion of project deadlines and milestones.
• Proactively removes impediments to progress.
• Ensures timely and accurate communication with project staff throughout the life cycle of the project.
• Regularly communicates to senior management regarding the status of specific project deliverables.
• Provides measurable input into new products, processes, standards and plans in support of the business.
• Effectively leads the project team to align with the business objectives, project schedule, and project budget.
• Effectively deals with difficult situations. Helps develop solutions to complex problems.
• Is accountable in working with various third-party vendors as both partners and integrated service providers.
• Uses clear goals to communicate the product vision at the beginning of every release cycle and sprint so that the team understands the vision and is equipped to realize it.
• Makes business decisions and, in cooperation with Analysts, clearly communicates requirements through epics and user stories so they are understood.
• Maintains and works with the team to groom the backlog of user stories and defects.
• Manages internal and external communication for the team, improving transparency.
• Prioritizes resolution of software defects.
• Is always accessible and participates proactively and continuously in the activities of the team.
• Steers the team to ensure continuous delivery of business value.
• Communicates status outside the team using application lifecycle management tools.
• Creates, maintains, prioritizes and sequences the product backlog based on business value or ROI. Works with the Program’s Product Owner to incorporate new requirements into the Program product backlog.
• Facilitates the creation of user stories and acceptance tests from themes and features granular enough for a single sprint. Prioritizes these user stories by business value.
• Provides rapid feedback to team and captures external feedback clearly and objectively.
• Runs daily stand-up meetings (scrums), sprint reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other scrum-related meetings.
• Reviews deliverable and demonstrable code after every sprint and has the authority to accept or reject.
• Enforces Sprint commitments to scope, quality and timing.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
Knowledge / Experience:
• Advanced knowledge and demonstrated expertise in the areas of strategy, planning, people and project management required processes and techniques.
• Agile/Scrum experience is strongly preferred
• 5 to 8 years of experience with structured methodology and project planning tools.
• Previous experience with Digital/eCommerce applications.
• Knowledge of MasterCard and the payments industry preferred.
• Background in web applications development is highly desired
• Listening, oral, written and presentation skills and effective interpersonal skills.
• Organizational and planning and multi-tasking skills..
• Strong leadership, interpersonal, relationship-building and negotiation skills required with a solid track record for developing internal and external relationships.
• Demonstrate ethics and values to generate high team trust.
• Experience with Rally is a plus
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-71032