MasterCard Manager, Software Engineering-2 in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Software Engineering-2
Push Payments Development team owns a number of applications, primarily focusing on the Mastercard Send application. Mastercard send is an API based application which primarily focuses on P2P and Disbursement transactions and is heavily integration with the core applications.
• Responsible for leading a team of IT Professionals for the development and delivery of quality software solutions in a timely and cost effective manner.
• Interacts with technology staff including Software and Test Engineers, Product management, and Program management to identify scope of project/s and deliver services.
• Successfully lead definition, development and delivery of major cross-department initiatives with broad scope and long-term business implications. Partner with business to identify innovative solutions and drive strategic decisions. Develop business case in alignment with the MasterCard objectives. Actively look for opportunities for Innovation and creative problem solving. Make presentations to the Senior Management, Business Owners and other Stakeholders and help them in decision making process.
• Do you want to be a part of a collaborative team environment?
• Are you motivated to stay on the cutting edge of digital payments technology?
• Provide recommendation to Senior Management on selection of technologies and strategic technical direction for the department
• Establish & monitor objectives for the department and staff members to align with department strategies and objectives
• Lead implementation of processes and supporting tools per the evolving needs of the organization. Identifying process gaps, provide estimates for business solutions, define the initial scope/requirements of the project and manage the scope during the lifecycle of the project. Plan overall project scope as well as define scope for each phase and iteration to meet business needs/time-to-market needs.
• Ensure the project or effort is adequately staffed; trained and managed. Ensure personnel have appropriate skills and behaviors; and effectively communicate performance results; as necessary, managing each effort within approved manpower and budget guidelines.
• Perform strategic planning; financial planning; administration and management of department.
All About You
• BS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems Degree or equivalent combination of experience and formal education.
• Budget and Resource Management experience
• 5-8 years related experience including management experience with multiple diverse teams and experience conducting formal performance reviews
• Java development experience
• Extensive knowledge in testing frameworks and strategies
• Managing financials for multiple projects and programs.
• Advanced knowledge of Project Management, Strategic Planning, some finance experience and related curriculum.
• Understanding of and advanced experience with Software Engineering Concepts and Methodologies. Experience with five to eight years of methodology is highly desirable. Skills/ Abilities:
• Ability and knowledge to assist in policy development and establish plans.
• Management skills to coach other co-workers utilizing strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Requires ability to provide overall business or technical project planning for product enhancements
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-132056