MasterCard Manager, Software Development Engineering in O'Fallon, Missouri
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Manager, Software Development Engineering
Job Description Summary
Have you ever wanted to be a part of something BIG? Do you have experience integrating new and emerging technologies into existing environments as technologies evolve and demands change? Are you eager to work with open source software and be exposed to the fast-paced world of Big Data technology? In this role, you can make an immediate impact for a Leading Global Technology Company, MasterCard. The Manager role is responsible for working with teams across the company to implement new data solutions while maintaining the stability of the platform. You will be responsible for building and leading development teams in the full lifecycle of delivery. You will get the chance to work with extremely large data sets and be on the cutting edge of transforming the way Mastercard captures, processes, stores and visualizes transactional data.
The ideal candidate will be technically proficient with strong experience leading software development teams. They will have full software lifecycle experience and a strong track record of delivery – from initial concept and design, to implementation and ultimately production.
You will be responsible for solution delivery. You will be confident in advising the wider project team on matters of design, enhancements, optimization and implementation, while being commercially aware and able to make sound judgement calls.
• Provide technical leadership and direction to software development teams in the development of Fraud Platform solutions
• Successfully lead the delivery of major initiatives in an Agile software development environment
• Partner with our Product Owners to prioritize enhancements and drive strategic decisions.
• Work with development team to provide estimates for business solutions, refine the scope/requirements of the project and manage the scope during the lifecycle of the project
• Identify process gaps and suggest and implement improvements
• Drive culture of continuous improvement on the team
• Develop business cases in alignment with the MasterCard objectives
• Ensure development effort is adequately staffed and trained
• Provide ongoing feedback and coaching to enable a high-performing team
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Intermediate software development experience including some management experience
• Passion for working in an Agile software development environment
• Must be driven, highly motivated, a strong team player with the ability to motivate others
• Show a high degree of initiative and demonstrate a willingness to take on challenging opportunities
• Strong understanding of software best practices
• Ability to work well with people and be both highly motivated and motivating
• Strong mentoring and coaching skills
• Ability to represent the technical organization and evangelize the work to senior leadership
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Experience in development of distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications
• Proficient oral and written communication skills
• Creative, resourceful and innovative problem solver
• Independent learner with a demonstrated aptitude for acquiring knowledge and skills
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-106977