MasterCard Manager, Software Development Engineering in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Software Development Engineering
The Next Edge team at Mastercard is building a global B2B platform to help businesses of all sizes streamline how they manage payments when buying or selling products & services. As a global business, the projects you lead for Mastercard will deliver software operating at massive scale requiring a focus on performance, security, and reliability.
Mastercard is currently looking for an individual with great development skills to help us build the next Mastercard Physical Edge. You’ll play a meaningful role in building the next generation services relied upon across Mastercard.
• Facilitate the timely delivery of software projects through the effective management of team members, work schedules and clearing any impediments that may slow down the team's progress.
• Formally supervises, coaches, and develops a work group/team
• Ensures own team(s) compliance to goal setting and performance appraisal process
• Coach and guide employees within own team(s)
• Provides strategic leadership related to specific applications and systems, or software-development methodologies
• You are a hands-on, technical and people leader. You regularly dive deep into everything your team does.
• Your leadership style is based on building trust with your team, your peers, and your management.
• You are high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and adaptive and can work in a dynamic environment.
• You possess strong communication skills - both verbal and written – and can get your point across efficiently to a wide range of audiences.
• You are obsessed with results, and effectively communicate objectives and how success will be measured to your team and other stakeholders.
• You have strong decision-making skills, and you have a bias for action rather than drawn-out analysis because you understand that most decisions are not irreversible.
• You regularly lead retrospection, and continually improve as a result.
• You have strong collaborative and organizational skills and you value transparency over avoiding scrutiny.
• You understand how to guide an engineer’s career including performance evaluation, coaching, and motivation.
• You are experienced in distributed system design and implementation, and understand how to build high-performance, high-reliability operation of large-scale distributed systems.
• You have expert level knowledge of software development processes, and you practice Agile at an advanced level.
• You have experience and knowledge of Test Driven and Domain Driven Development (TDD / DDD).
• You are an experienced user of one or more Application Lifecycle Management tools (e.g., Rally, Jira).
• As a leader, you own your code repositories. You are a Git expert, and have experience with one or more SCM hosting tools such as GitHub or BitBucket. Your repositories look like trees, not bushes.
• You are experienced with CI/CD.
• 5+ years of software development and delivery experience, including some management experience (including coaching for high performance and formal performance reviews).
• Passion for working in an Agile software development environment.
• Must be driven, highly motivated, a strong team player with the ability to motivate others.
• Show a high degree of initiative and demonstrate a willingness to take on challenging opportunities.
• Strong understanding of software best practices.
• Ability to work well with people and be both highly motivated and motivating.
• Strong mentoring and coaching skills.
• Ability to represent the technical organization and evangelize the work to senior leadership.
• Be a champion of engineering and operational excellence: ensure organizational metrics for measurement of engineering and performance excellence are met.
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience in development of distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-125578